66

"So. What's the plan for tomorrow?" Colby asked as we ate our food.

"Well, we can take the twins to go see the lights that are set up in town. It'll be Christmas Eve so nothing will really be open, but I think it will be fun." Colby's mom said as Nova fussed and reached for Colby.

"Yeah, that would be good." Colby said then took Nova. "Maybe Taylor and I can make some Christmas cookies." I said and looked over at Taylor who had a big smile on her face. "That would be so fun!" She said as I smiled.

"Perfect." I said then took a bite of my pasta. "I think the girls are hungry." Colby said as I nodded.

"Did you guys want to feed them?" I asked and looked at Colby's parents. "Yes, please!" Colby's mom said with excitement.

"Okay, just sit tight. I have to grab some hot water." I said then got up. I made my way over to the bar so I could ask for some hot water since the bottles of milk were definitely cold.

"Hey, how can I help you?" The bar tender asked as I smiled. "Can I just get a bunch of hot water? I have to heat up two bottles for babies." I explained as he nodded. "Hot water for babies, got it." He said with a smile then turned around.

I stood there for a little while before the bartender came back with a wine bucket filled with hot water.

"Okay, be very careful and only touch the handles." He said as I nodded. "Thank you so much." I said with a smile then grabbed the handles of the bucket.

When I got back to the table I put the bucket down. "Nobody touch that, it's hot." I said then grabbed the bottles of milk from the diaper bag.

I put the bottles in warm water as Nova and Luna fussed loudly.

"Shhh, I know. Just give mommy one minute." I cooed and grabbed two burping rags so I could give them to Colby's parents.

I kept the milk in the water for just a minute before I carefully pulled the bottles out and tested the temperature.

"Okay, you're all set." I said then handed Colby's parents the bottles. "I'll be back." I said then went to bring the bucket of water back to the bar.

"Sit, V. I can do it, you've barely eaten." Colby said then put his hand on my arm. "Okay, just be careful and only hold the handles." I said as he nodded. "Okay, I'll be back." He said then kissed my cheek before walking away.

"You guys are such good parents." Taylor said with a smile as I chuckled. "We're trying. It can definitely be hard." I said with a sigh and looked over at Colby's dad who was feeding Luna.

He was looking at her with so much love I felt my heart swell. I loved how much they cared about our girls and how happy they looked with them in their arms.

Once we were done with dinner we made our way back to Colby's parent's house.

"Okay, so I was thinking we could watch home movies and embarrass you boys while we decorate the Christmas tree." Colby's mom said as we got settled in. "Great idea, mom." Gage said as my stomach churned slightly.

"Um..Colby..." I said quietly then nudged him with my arm. He looked at me for a second before his eyes widened slightly. "We'll be right back." He said then took my hand and rushed towards the stairs.

I covered my mouth with my hand as we rushed to the bathroom that was upstairs.

When we got in there I fell onto my knees and gagged. "It's okay, love." Colby said quietly then scratched my back.

"It's not happening." I whimpered as I rubbed my belly. "Take your time...it's okay." Colby cooed as he continued scratching circles on my back.

I let out a shaky breath as my stomach flipped. "Ohh..." I groaned as Gage peaked his head into the room.