107

"Enough sad shit. Ask me some more questions." I said with a reassuring smile and pulled my hand back from him.

"Okay...um...what's your favorite color?" Colby asked as I breathed a laugh. "Oooo, hard hitting question." I teased as he smiled a beautiful smile.

"You're an ass." He said as I laughed. "My favorite color is purple." I said as he grinned. "So Violet likes the color violet." Colby said as I smiled from the nostalgia of him saying that.

"Yeah, that's what I've been told." I said quietly. "By who?" Colby asked as he twisted his rings. "You." I said, causing him to look up.

"Wait, really?" He asked with disbelief. "Yeah, when we first met." I said quietly. "My friend...well ex friend made me upset and I ran into you on the way outside to get some fresh air." I said with a sigh.

"You were apparently already into me so when we got outside we got to talking and you admitted that you had feelings for me." I said with a fond smile.

"I was apprehensive at first because Daisy had a massive crush on you, but I decided that night to finally listen to my heart." I said as he smiled slightly.

"You asked me questions while we walked back to the hotel and you asked me what my favorite color was." I said with a smile.

"I told you purple, and you said the exact same thing you told me just now." I said as he winced in pain slightly. "Are you okay?" I asked with a worried tone. "Yeah, my head is just aching." He said as I frowned.

"Maybe this was a bad idea..." I said as he shook his head and reached for my hand.

"No, I think my brain is just trying to remember you. I want to remember you so badly." He said as I frowned.

"Colby...I don't want to hurt you." I said as my eyes watered. "I know you don't, but I don't want to hurt you either." He said as the waitress came over.

"Shit.." Colby said, realizing that he hadn't even look at the menu. "I'll order for us." I said with a smiled then looked up at the waitress. I ordered Colby his favorite rolls, then ordered mine and handed the waitress the menus.

"I'll have it out for you shortly." She said then walked away. "Thanks for ordering for me." Colby said as I nodded.

"I hope you still like what you usually get." I said as he sighed. "I'm so sorry, Violet. I know this has probably been hard for you." Colby said as I nodded.

"I don't want to talk about that." I said quietly. "We don't have to...why don't we talk about your favorite memories of us." He said then reached his hand out to me.

"Oh! Uh...is your head okay?" I asked nervously and took his hand. "I feel okay." He said as I chewed my lip.

"Okay...Um..I guess my favorite memory was when you took me to see the northern lights." I said fondly.

"I had always wanted to go so you surprised me with a trip since I had just gotten over a really hard time." I said quietly.

"It was too cloudy for the first couple of nights, but on the third night you took me on a hike." I said with a smile. "Did they come out?" Colby asked as I nodded.

"Yeah. When we got up the mountain they were out. I was so amazed by them that I didn't even realize that you were down on one knee, ready to propose to me." I said as his brow scrunched.

"I thought we weren't engaged...did you say no?" Colby asked as I breathed a laugh. "No, I said yes." I said as he sighed. "Sorry, I'm so confused." He said as I laughed.

"I know you had some pretty bad brain damage so I'll let it pass." I said then looked down at my hands. "We got married in November 2023." I said and held up my hand.