35

The next week was a little rough. Colby and I were having a hard time catching up because of the time difference.

I tried to not let it bother me because I knew he was busy and I knew we were trying our best to be in contact.

Right now Ki and I were at the store with the girls since she was craving fresh baked cookies.

"Did you want chocolate chip?" I asked as I rolled the stroller down the aisles.

"No, I want sugar with sprinkles. That sounds so fucking good." Ki said as she rubbed her belly.

"We can make that happen." I said with a smile as we walked to the baking aisle. We grabbed all of our stuff then made our way back to the house.

"Is Kat staying with you tonight?" Ki asked as I shook my head and walked to the kitchen. "No, she missed her bed and I really don't blame her." I said as I got the girls settled into their swings.

"Did you want me to stay here with you?" She asked as I nodded. "If you want to." I said with a smile. "I'd love to. We can have a sleeeepover." She sang as I pulled the ingredients out to make the cookies.

"Yes." I said and wiggled my shoulders as Ki put on some music. "Dance with me, girls." She said then took one of Nova's hands and one of Luna's wiggling them as she shook her hips.

As she did this the girls giggled loudly looking up at her.

"Isn't auntie Ki the best?" I asked and started making the cookies. "Yes she is." Ki said with a laugh as she huffed out a breath.

"Unfortunately Auntie Ki is pregnant and can't breathe after dancing for five seconds." She said then sat down.

"Get excited for the third trimester." I said with a laugh as she shook her head.

"I really don't want to think about that." Ki said as she put her hand on her belly. "Are you getting excited?" I asked and focused on the cookies.

"Yeah, I'm also nervous as hell. I don't want my coochie to rip." She said as I laughed.

"It probably will, but drugs are the best." I said as she nodded. "Oh, I'm for sure getting an epidural the SECOND it's available. I'm not crazy like you." She said as I giggled. "I wanted to try it." I said with a shrug.

"Whatever, you're crazy." Ki said as I nodded. "As crazy as they come." I said then winked at her. "That's why I love you." She said with a giggle.

We spent the rest of the night making cookies and hanging out before it was time to bring the girls up to bed.

"Goodnight my sweet angels." I said quietly as I caressed their cheeks. "I'll see you in the morning." I whispered then turned the light off and left the room.

"Did you need me to grab you anything before I go to bed?" I asked Ki as she shook her head. "No, I think I'll be okay. Goodnight, V. Get some rest." Ki said then gave me a hug.

"Let me know if you need anything, even if you have to wake me up." I said and pointed at her.

"I will, I promise." She said then turned to go downstairs. When I got to the bedroom I crawled into bed and started to cry. I was feeling really emotional because I was really missing Colby.

Being with the girls was amazing and I loved them with my whole heart but it was really hard parenting them by myself. I missed having Colby as a support system to help me through the stress.

I sobbed for a little while before I heard my phone ringing, showing me that Colby was FaceTiming me. I sniffled and wiped my cheeks before I answered. "Hey." I said quietly as his picture loaded onto the screen.