1. Strange Encounters of the Nessie Kind (Ness's POV)

Start from the beginning

I waved hi to Rose, silently stalking up to her, and touched the bare flesh on her arm. I sent out a picture of Alice's canary porche. It was some kind of gift for racing around Italy or whatever. No one ever went into details around me. They said I was too young and wouldn't understand.

I try and trust their judgement. Sometime's it's hard though. Like trying to get a license. What seventeen year old living in the middle of New Hampshire doesn't drive? It's not the city. Even though Twin Mountain, New Hampshire, is kind of tiny. Okay, it's really tiny. It's stuffed in the middle of a state park or national park or whatever. But it's got prime property. We don't have a huge hunk of private property with two lakes at the end of it for nothing.

I know, I know, what's bad about spending 8 minutes in a car with my mom, Rose, and Alice? Nothing. It's just really awkward when we get to school. Two cars for eight people? I feel bad for the guys. They have to deal with being in a confined space with Jake. He has to deal with our smell at all times too, though. You can deal with eight minutes.

I just really want a car. Maybe next year I'll get one. Alice will want to top the house. By my next birthday, I won't age anymore. I want to stop aging before I look older than most of my family. Carlisle, and Esme are the only adults in our family. It makes our cover a little easier.

There's the Cullens, Swans (me and mom), Hales, and a Black.

We really mess people up at school. I mean, a big swarm of people who all live in the same house segregating themselves for all eternity? Nah, me, my mom, and Jake try to branch out. Too bad Jake scares half the kids at school.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Rose nodded yes. I gave her a thumbs up and dashed down the stairs to go have some breakfast. "Goodmorning, Nessie." Nana Esme said. She was standing at the stove, where the smell of bacon wafted from. Even though she only had to cook for two of us, and today only me, Nana Esme always went full out. I guess because she's been such a good cook for a hundred years and never gotten the chance to feed someone?

She started to dish out my meal. "Thanks, Esme. This looks delicius."

"You're welcome. Enjoy!" She slid a plate covered with bacon, a breakfast wrap dripping cheese and egg, and a lot of fruit salad. I picked up my fork and started stuffing my mouth.

Alice bounced down the stairs. "Bella's gonna get mail from Mike Newton!" she announced.

I had no idea who Mike Newton was and didn't really want to find out. Just then my dad walked down the stairs. "Mike Newton? How did he find us?"

"I don't know, do I?"

"Mike?" Esme tutted. "He's the one who worked at the camping store, right?"

"Yeah." said Alice and dad.

"We'd better brace ourselves." Edward said.

I hope Mike Newton isn't someone bad.

Just then my mom came down the stairs. This was going to be an interesting morning. "Mom, Alice says you're getting mail from some Mike Newton guy?" I told her.