Week 51: I have to go!

Prompt: "Ihave to go!" they said suddenly, jumping up from the table during dinner.

A/N: I tried to find a holiday prompt like I did for halloween, but I didn't find anything... It was only things like ''You are Santa's elf'' or ''You are Santa and-'' and those just didn't inspire me at all. So here is this one and I will try to make it festive I guess.

----

Helen was really happy to be able to go back to her Family for christmas. She felt like it was forever ago the last time she saw her parents and brother in the same room. They were all sitting at the table, drinking and talking before getting ready for dinner. It was a family tradition to eat fondu for christmas and they were about to set everything up when Helen's phone rang, making her know that she got a text. Her mother gave her a side look, everyone knew how she didn't like all this phone-at-the-table thing, but she also knew she couldn't stop her now grown up baby to do whatever they wanted. Helen gave her mother a big smile before take her phone to see who texted her. When she saw the text, she went completly livid, stood up and said ''I have to go!'' and she was out the door. Before closing it, she shouted ''I will be back in a few minutes! Love you!''

All her family looked at each other a bit shocked. They were all wondering what this text could be for her to just run away like that... They only had one way to know and it was to wait for her to come back...

Helen jumped in her car and drove away as fast as she could. Luckily for her, the small streets weren't full of snow or ice so she could drive easily all the way to her friend's family house. It was only a few minutes away, but gosh did it feel like hours! When she finally turned the last corner, she saw her friend standing outside, with only his coat and a small bag at his feet. She stopped right in front of him and stepped out of the car and gave him a big conforting hug ''I love you, you know that right?''

Her friend could only nod in her shoulder, he was crying too much to be able to say anything. Helen brushed some of the tears from Mick's cheeks and asked ''Where is Fluffy?''

''Still... still inside.''

Helen was walking toward the door as soon as she heard the answer. She dismisssed Mick protest with a sweep of her hand and she slammed the door opened. If looks could kill this entire homophobic family would be dead right now. She spotted the small black cat hiding under the couch, she kneeled right in beside her and called her name, completly ignoring the other people in the room yelling at her. When the cat finally recognised Helen,she jumped right into her arms and they were out the door in an instant. She didn't bother to close the door behind her, she gestured Mick to get in the car and they were on their way.

''I'm so sorry to interrupt your family dinner tonight...'' Mick said between two sobs.

''You are a part of this family too and you know that! We are your family now!'' Helen responded right away. She always knew things would go bad when Mick would finally build up the courage to come out to his family. That's why she told him all those years ago, if he ever needed her help for anything, he only had to text her S.O.S. and where he was and she would come get him. And today was one of those days... Mick was cuddling with Fluffy and he was letting his tears flow. Even if he was never close to his family, it still hurted him badly when they all rejected him because of who he really was...

Once they were back to Helen's house, she grabbed his bag and she put her arm around his shoulders to help him walk inside. Helen's parents didn't need to hear anything when they saw Mick coming in with a small bag and his cat. They both gave him a warm parental hug and said that he was more than welcome at their table if he was hungry. He wasn't really hungry, but he needed the company.

Helen and Mick were friends since forever and Mick was quite litterally a member of this family. He would spend almost all weekends in this house instead of his. Helen's parents were also the first adults he came out to and they only had love to give to him after his coming out... And today was no exception. They even still had his little stocking beside the christmas tree and the sight of it made Mick cry even more.

Atleast he had his second family to celebrate and be himself...

---

 A/n I hope you have a happy holiday. I know how this time of the year can be so joyful and happy for some and really stressful and hard for others. Don't forget that you are loved. 

Happy holidays and we will see each other one last time next week for my last story.