Week 14: Mermaids

Prompt: A baby is thrown into a lagoon by their parents. The lagoon is magic and transforms the baby into a mermaid. She's a human by day and mermaid by night. They live in the cave behind the waterfallconnected to the lagoon.

A/N: I got this idea from another author here on Wattpad. They got kicked out of their first account and I can't remember their new name... If I ever find it I'm going to tell you. Their original account name was Impulsesanders. Thanks for the idea! I love it!

Enjoy!

----

It is late at night, it is really dark since the moon is hidden behind thick clouds. A lady is holding a baby really close to her chest, whispering sweet nothing to the little human. She is trying to hold her tears ''Hurry up already!'' a man behing her shouts. She hesitates and the man push her around ''Do it or I will take care of it myself!'' The mother gasp, put her baby in a basket and gently let go of her in the small pond. She heard stories about this lagoon, saying there was mermaids and other sea creatures living in it. She looks at the water as the baby slowly drift away ''please take care of her since I couldn't... Her name is Sabrina.'' The man then forcefully grab her by the arm and pull her away. The mother look for as long as she can, trying to see if her baby is going to be safe. Before the car door close on her, she can swear she saw webbed hands gently grab the basket...

''Humans... always so carefree. Well you are in luck little one, The moon is no there for you, but the lagoon is!'' Small sparks of light rise from the water and starts to dance around the little child while the mermaid that grabbed the basket sings a slow lullaby...

*About 16 years later*

Sabrina is swimming near the surface of the water in this small cave. Her small cave. She spend most of her time in there, only going into the deep into the water for special occasion with the other mermaids and only going in the human word for ''home schooling'' stuffs for the most part. This really nice couple that discovered the lagoon when they were young promised to never tell anything about it and offered their help when the learned about the baby human that ended up in the lagoon. And even if everyone were really nice to her, she never felt like she belonged in any of those world. Not quite a mermaid since she couldn't really swim in deep water or sing like them. And only being able to be in the human world during day time, missing on almost all the parties and cool stuffs that other teenagers her age would do. So here she is, swimming in her little sanctuary of loneliness, waiting for the sun to rise and get ready to walk around in the human word. She was swimming on her back when she hears something. Foot steps,maybe? No, that's impossible, her cave is way too far in the middle of nowhere for anyone to find it. She dives under the water just in case and look at the entrance to see if someone or something walks in. And to her biggest surprise, a young man about her age slowly walk in. She tries to be as still as possible so he doesn't notice her, but she can feel her tail slowly changing back into human legs and she can feel her ability to breath under water fading away. 'Please just leave already' she silently pray in her head. But the boy sits righ tin the middle of the cave. And now she really needs to breath, she slowly reach for the surface, trying to not make a sound, but her lungs decides otherwise and she takes a deep breath in once her head breaks the surface.

Simon always loved to learn about monsters and other mythical creatures, making him the weirdo of the class since he was able to read. And one day, in the very back of the local library, he found a book abou tlocal myths and legends. Ever since, he would spend all his weekends searching for the so called magical lagoon. It is said that mermaids and other sea creatures roams in its water and he wanted to find it so he could talk to the mermaids. It is said that they can turn humans into mermaids too in really specific and complicated rituals. He was kind of an outcast and maybe being able to escape all his problems and being able to swim away from all of them brought joy to the little boy. Now that he was a grown teenager, he only kept going on his exploration for fun. To escape his reality for a few hours. But last night, he couldn't sleep, he felt like he needed to go and walk in this now really familiar forrest. He tried to fight the feeling but in the last bit of the night, a few hour before dawn, he decided to just go. And now there he is, in the middle of this small cave that he never noticed before. It's really quiet and cosy 'A perfect spot to read' he thinks to himself. He is about to grab the book he put in his backpack before leaving when he hears the water ripples and someone gasping for air. He looks up in shock to see a young girl swimming in the water.