Week 10: Murder!

Prompt: You got kidnapped by a serial killer. They talk to you about how they killed so many people without getting caught.

A/N: All those books I read about serial killers, both fictional and real, and all those tv shows I watched finally paid off! See, as a writer, we need to know those kind of things... We are not psychopath!

I won't go in really gory details, but yeah...

TW: serial killer stuffs, panic attack.

----

I try to open my eyes, but my head hurt like hell. I let out a weak and low groan, I try to rub my eyes, but my hands can't move. they are tied to a chair. What? I look around but I can't see anything. Everything is dark. There is only a small and old TV in front of me. I take a better look around with the faded light of the TV that my eyes are getting acclimated to. A basement. No windows and I can't see a door either. Maybe it's behind me. I try to scream for help, but the words get stuck in my throat and I only caugh really hard. As I try to catch my breath, my eyes land on the TV in front of me. The news are on and they are talking about this missing man that seems to also be the perpetrator of several murders around town for the past few months. I have heard this story for so long and everytime I thought that it wouldn't happen to me anyway... Well it looks like I was wrong after all...

I can hear a weird song in the background too. There is piano and trumpet in it, would be catchy if I wasn't tied up in a chair in some kind of creepy basement. It is not really loud but still there. It is at an annoying volume. I can hear it well enough to know there is music, but not high enough to really catch the lyrics. Only small bits of it. I try to break free of my bonds but I stop moving when I hear my name. They are talking about me in the news. I have been missing for two days!? What? How? I try to remember but the song is distracting me ''everybody diiies'' the lyrics goes. I heard those two words really clearly like some kind of twisted warning. I shake my head and get my attention back on the TV. The polices don't want to assume that ''The Visitor Killer'' is involved in my missing case. They are still at the beginning of the investigation. ''The Visitor Killer'' that's how the people called him. Because there is never any sign of infractions. So people let him in for some reason. Nobody knows why or how but that's how he always proceed. I try to remember what happened two days ago. What did I do? Why am I here? This song really mess up with my mind! I can't focus... My breath gets faster and out of control for no reason. I don't understand what is happening. Ic an't help but try to break free. I even hurt my wrists and ankles doing so even if I know it useless. I'm stuck. In this basement. I feel my head getting lighter by the seconds. I am about to pass out! No, not here, not now. I can't....

I get woken up by the sound of a door closing behind me. I try to control my breathing, to not let the panic raise inside of me, but as I hear the footsteps getting closer, I can't help but freak out a bit. He is right behind me ''Oh, I see you are finally awake. Good.''My eyes widen when I hear this voice... A feminine one. A voice that I heard not too long ago. She is humming the song that has being playing in loop for quite a while since it's the same song that I heard before passing out. She turns off the volume of the TV and turn around to face me ''Did you see me on the news? I swear I am getting soooo good at this! Being the crying wife of a murderer!'' she explains in a overly dramatic tone. I try to talk but, again, the words get stuck in my throat and I cough really badly. ''Oh right, you must be thristy after all this time!'' She goes back behind me and comes back a few seconds later with a glass full of water with a straw in it. I back off a bit when she puts the straw in front of me ''Oh right, I spent the last few weeks stalking you to find the perfect  time to come and get you. Take care of your unconscious ass for two days but I put poison in the water. DRINK!'' I can't help but obey to her strict voice. I drink almost all of the glass. I was in fact really thirsty. Once I'm done drinking, she goes back to sit on the table, right beside the TV. Just enough in the darkness so I cant really see her face. But I already know who she is. Like she said, the wife of a murderer.