Week 28: Taxi!

Prompt: Many action movies involve the hero jumping into a vehicle and demanding the driver to "follow that car!" Write from the perspective of the driver.

----

''How could this day get any worse?'' Tony asked out loud to himself while waiting for this person to step in is car so he could finally leave. He hated all this Uber driver thing, but it gave him extra money that he couldn't spit on. So here he was, getting late because that Karen costumer was late. Her name really was Karen, he wasn't being mean or anything. Well not about her name atleast. Tony took the last sip of coffee out of his mug and almost spit it all out when some weird looking dude jumped on the top of his car and step in a random moving car. Tony shook his head ''This city is becoming weirder and weirder.'' He was about to pull off, he had enough of waiting for Karen, but he heard his back door open ''You're late!''

''Follow that car!'' Tony turned around only to see another weird looking person in the back seat. He rised and eyebrow ''If you pay for that ride, I don't mind doing that for you.''

The stranger looked at him with this confused look through their mask ''This person that just got away is a bad guy. You need to help me.''

''Kindness doesn't pay the bills.''

''Fine! Just go!''

Tony pulled out in the trafic, trying to catch up with this other car. He was getting closer, but the other car ran a red light while Tony stopped ''Why did you stop? They are getting away!''

''I am not getting my license taken away from me, okay. I need my car.''

''Oh my god!'' and the masked passenger rushed out of the car and ran behind the other car, trying to catch it. Tony stretch his head out of the window ''Hey, you didn't pay for the ride!'' he then slipped back in his seat, punching the steering wheel ''They call themselves heroes, but they can't even pay for their stuffs!''

Another week, another day, but things always stayed the same. Tony was, again, waiting. He got a match on the Uber's app and looked like they can't be where they were supposed to be on time! He was almost out of coffee again, but luckily, someone finally tapped on the window ''Are you my Uber Tony?''

''Yes, now come in before I leave you right here!''

''R-right. Sorry.'' They were about to step in, but another weird looking stranger pushed them away and they stepped in Tony's car ''GO!''

''No! I will get good money for this ride. Get out!'' But the stranger pulled out a gun and pointed it at Tony's face ''I said go!''

Tony let out a big exasperated sigh and drove into the trafic. Atleast he got all the green lights this time. The masked man ordered him to stop in front of an abandonned factory a few miles away from the city and stormed out of the car. Without a thank you or anything. ''Rude much'' Tony thought to himself. Well now the only thing he had to do was going back home. Which he did, but he didn't get that far, the second he drove back into the city, the polices stopped him. Another masked weirdo was with them. They asked so many questions about where he drove the other weirdo ''That creepy abandonned factory. I always knew this place was fishy! If only you would have listen to me and crumbled that place like I kept saying for years, this wouldn't have happened!'' Tony went on with his ranting for a few minutes, the officers not really knowing what to do with him. He was an eye witness, but he was also a lot to deal with. Once they noticed they wouldn't get anything else from him, they let him go and Tony was free to go back home.

Tonywas seriously thinking about moving out of this crazy city. He had enough of all this heroes-villains bullshit that had been ruining his side job at Uber for months now. And today wasn't any different. Again, a masked weirdo jump on his hood and got into a random car. Again, another masked weirdo stepped in his and asked to follow that car. But Tony had enough ''You pay or you get out!''

''But. You have to help m-''

''I don't have to do anything unless you pay me, right now! Better think fast because that car is getting away.''

''...Fine!'' and the masked passenger threw a small pile of cash on Tony's laps ''Now go, please!''

Tony took a quick look a the pile of money and he smiled widely. For that amount, he won't be respecting any laws for sure. He stepped on the gaz like he never did before and was about to catch the other car, but the masked weirdo had other plan ''No, don't stop them. I need to know where they are going.''

''Oh so it's a tailing job now. That's going to be a little extra. Since I have to be extra careful!''

''Really?''

Tony only shrugged his shoulders and stepped on the gaz a bit more toprove his point.

''Fine! Fine!'' and they gave a bit more money to Tony. Tony smiled even more and slowed down a bit. Leaving a car between them and the other one. They didn't have to drive that long before the other car came to a stop. The masked one ran off and the one in Tony's car followed right after him. Tony looked at them running away and it gave him an idea. What if he was to create a kind of Uber but for heroes and villains... He took a quick look at the money this person just gave him only for him to drive around for a bit. This could be a really fun and lucrative business!