Week 45: Like cats and dogs

Prompt: A dog lover and cat lover fall in love... and must find a way to get their animals to fall in love, too.

A/N: Let's try and do a little romance here. And a little Sanders Sides fanfiction too, it's been a while since the last fanfic... like two months! And since a new Sanders Sides episode just came out, it's perfect to write a little Fanfic!

----

Patton was carrying his last box into Logan's house. They were dating for a good while now and they were finally ready for the big step of moving in together. Patton was almost always at Logan's house anyway. Patton only were going back to his appartment to take care of his Puppy. Logan never really understood why Patton would call his dog ''Puppy'' since he was about five years old. Technically, he wasn't a puppy anymore. But he didn't want to make Patton sad or confused, so Logan always went with it.

Once they were done putting all of Patton's belongings in the right places, the happy couple went to sit on the couch where Puppy was waiting for them. Once he saw Patton, he started to cry a little ''Awww, Loggy, you sure we can't untie him now? I'm sure they will be fine!''

''I'm not sure Patton, Fluffy isn't really the most social cat there is.''

''But look how sad he is!''

''He can access the whole living room, I don't see why-'' But Logan couldn't finish his sentence when he saw both Patton and Puppy giving him the puppy eyes. He closed his eyes and sighed loudly ''Fine,Patton, untie him. But don't get all sad if Fluffy gets mad at Puppy.''

''I'm sure they are going to get along just fine!''

And Patton untied Puppy and of course, he ran straight to the poor long haired orange cat. Fluffy got really startled and punched Puppy a few time on his muzzle before running away to the top of the kichen's cabinet. Luckily for the dog, the cat was declawed. It wasn'tLogan's idea to do that, but when he adopted the small ball of fur, it was already declawed. Patton tried his best to comfort his doggo, but Puppy was so sad to not be able to play with his new friend...

Logan tried to convince Patton to just give the two animals time to get along. That they didn't have to do anything else but to wait for them to get used to each other. But Puppy would chase Fluffy around the house at all time and it was a big falling hazard. They could never know when a cat would come running between their legs or when they would get hit in the knees by a running dog. Patton felt so bad to cause so much chaos in Logan's so quiet home. He did anything to make Fluffy like Puppy. He would grab the cat and try to make him sit beside his dog, only to get smacked on the hand or the arm. It was getting so bad that now Fluffy would run away from both Patton and Puppy.

Logan didn't have much more choice now but to intervene. He bought a bunch of kid safety gates and put them just high enough for the cat to be able move around the house as he wanted, but low enough for the dog to not be able to follow him everywhere. He explained to Patton that cats need time to acclimate to new people or animals. With the gates, Fluffy will be able to watch both Puppy and him so he would get to know them better. And until Fluffy willingly come to him, Patton could NOT pet or touch or grab the cat.

It was really hard for both Patton and Puppy, but they finally let go of absolutely being friend with the cat and the house was finally quiet and peaceful again. Patton finally understood that, like his owner, fluffy needed time and space to be able to open up to others. He should have known that he should have acted like the first time he met Logan, he had to be a little less bubbly around Logan at first, so Logan could get to know him better. Then Patton would slowly be more and more loud and excited until Logan was completly used to it.

And it did work. After a month or two, the two animals are now sleeping side by side on the couch and all the gates were gone. Well all but one. They had to keep the gate that would stop Puppy to go in the room where the litter box is... If you have both a cat and a dog you know why and if you don't... Well it's better that you stay in your blissful ignorance.

The four of them could now live happily ever after in this cozy little house they call home!

The end!

---

A/n Late again... But we are finally done with the renovations in the kitchen so I should have a bit more time for the last few week ends of the year... I hope.  And it wasn't really romantic at all... Oh well I tried!