Week 30: Let's talk

Prompt: Write a story, but it's written only in a dialogue.

A/N: Now this is going to be a real challenge for me. Dialogues are not one of my strong suit. So might be hard to read... But I will try my best to make it clear and easy. Any feedback from this chapter would be really apreciated. Thank you!

****

''You should talk to her. It shouldn't be that hard to make her come the party. It will be funny!''

''Yeah just do it! She is definitely into you, dude!''

''Ok, ok, I'm going! Wish me luck.''

''Yeah like you need it!''

---

''Heyy, sweetheart. What are you doing all alone in this corridor?''

''...Reading... obviously.''

''Well such a beautiful girl shouldn't spend her time all alone, you know. You should join me and my friend so we could hang out..... Not really talkative, I see. You're the shy type right?''

''No. Like I said I am reading.''

''Wait, where are you going honey?''

''To class, the bell is about to ring anyway.''

''Yeah, good idea, let's go to class together then!''

''We are not in the same class.''

''We are in Chimestry, baby!''

''Yes, princess, but right now I'm going to History class and you should go back to your boys band and leave me alone like you always do.''

''What did you just call me?''

''Princess.''

''W-why!?''

''I thought we were calling each other pet names.''

''Well-''

''The bell just rang, I need to go.''

----

''So you failed miserably?''

''I didn't exactly failed... Just didn't go exactly how I planned.''

''Yeah, that's the definition of failing, dude!''

''Okay, okay, I failed this one. But I will definitely win this time!''

''Yeah, whatever, but when you die from all those failures, can I have your leftover lunch?''

''No!''

''Why not?''

---

'Still alone I see..... And still shy too! I like that.''

''It's just that most people understand the social cues that when someone is reading, they don't want to be disturbed.''

''How can a book be more interesting than real life?''

''Oh I don't know, do you know a lot of demi-god with a magical toolbelt that can store food and has a dragon made of metal for best friend?... I didn't think so.''

''Well, If you ever want to come back to the real world, there is a party at my house tomorrow night if you want to come.''

''Why?''

''So you could come and have fun.''

''No.''

''I'm trying to be nice here! You are always on your own, without friends, must be hard for you. I'm trying to help you.''

''Don't need your help. And I have friends but they understand that I want to read on my own right now. So they leave me alone.''

''Just come tomorrow, it's going to be fun!''

''For you and your friends or for me? Why are you asking me to come?''

''Like I said... Trying to be nice.''

''right.''

''Wait, don't go. It would mean a lot if you could come. Only for a few minutes, please?''

''Did you bet that you could get the emo and lonely girl of the school come to your party? Is that why you won't stop harrassing me?''

''What? Nooo. That would be so rude!''

''Oh my god, you did! I can't believe you did! Hahaha. Well I can tell you right now, you lost your bet!''

''Why is it so hard for you to have friends?''

Like I said, I do have friends and let me tell you, you are not and you will never be. Friends don't do that. Friends understand when the other doesn't want to do something. So leave me alone. You won't change my mind.''

''It's gonna be fun!''

''For you.''

''Hey Panic at the everywhere, we are going to be late, are you coming?''

''Yes!''

''Hey, I am not done talking to you.''

''But I am, byyyee!''

---

''Thanks for saving me from him.''

''You are more than welcome! What did he want anyway?''

''He wanted me to come to his party.''

''To talk to people and socialize? Like normal people?''

''I know right?''

''Aaaah, the popular kids, they just don't get it!''

''Yeah, I think it's better we just read all together from now on. So they will leave us alone.''

''Agreed!''

****

A/n How did I push back this one until the very end. I knew it would be hard and I didn't want to do it! I wasn't sure if I could write things like ''he said'' or ''she rolled her eyes'' but since it's my challenge and it said only in dialogue, I decided not to. Let's hope you will be able to get the tone of the conversations with only what is being said.  Again, if you have any feed back for me to improve my dialogues, I would really like to hear it.