Week 9: What is going on?

Prompt: A tree falls in the woods. You're around to hear it.

A/N: This is the return of the fanfiction! This time a Percy Jackson AU even if the characters are OCs, everything is in the Percy Jackson universe. Enjoy!

----

''I...don't think it's a really good idea...'' Jade tells me for the hundreth time atleast in the last five minutes ''Again, you can alway go to our next class! You don't have to come with me if you don't want to!'' After a few seconds of hesitation, she shakes her head and decides to skip the next class with me. I really didn't feel like going to this one, with this weird teacher always asking ''ethical''questions about a tree falling in the forest and if it would make any sound or something. It was so boring! 

So as usual when we want to hide and leave the school without getting caught, we go in one of the many changing rooms of the school. More specifically, the one with two separate doors to exit the room. I was never really good at school, you could say that I'm the student that cause the most troubles. And to be honest, I never really cared. Even more now that I am in a completly different country. I used to live in Canada with my mother, but for some unknown reason, she made us move all the way to Long Island. So now the only thing I care about is my friend Jade. She is the only reason why I don't skip all my classes. I don't want her to get in trouble since she always wants to come with me... But, like I said, today I just couldn't sit in this boring teacher's class.

We finally manage to leave the school ground and find a hiding spot in a back alley not to far from the school. It's one of my favorite spot to hide. It's a really calm place, the sun always finds it's way all the way down here and there is an old dart board on one of the wall. I am getting really good at this game. Even more now that my friend explained me that the middle wasn't where you could score the most point! This girl is so smart, sometimes I wonder why she spends her time with a teen like me! Jade sits on a bid cardboard box and plays a random song on her harmonica while I shoot my darts on the board. All three of them in the triple ring of the twenty section. I am getting better at shooting exactly where I want it to be! My next goal is to be able to actually count my points... I never really understood how to do it. Jade will have to explain them to me all over again. But not today.

I'm about to shoot my last dart but someone behind us shout out something, making me miss. I suck up my breath as I hear my dart hitting the wall instead of the board. That is not good for the tip of the dart. I turn around to check who interupted my play. It's two really big and tall and muscular men. I roll my eyes in annoyance. Men. What do they want again? Trouble I guess by the way they look at us. I'm about to say something witty, but Jade grabs my arm and whisper ''We... need to go, now!'' I can see how scared she is. I look back the men, I mean yeah they are big and all, but still, we got in bigger problems before. I shrug my shoulders and starts to walk toward the exit of the hallway, right behind the dudes, but she stops me ''No... not that way!'' ''Girl, that's the only way out!'' I can see her anxiety rising up. they are getting close rby the seconds. I sigh and look around, trying to find another way out. We then hear a door opening. It's the back door of this small restaurant, someone is throwing the garbage out. I grab my friend and starts to walk towards the door, reaching for it before it closes back up. I let myself in, dragging Jade behind me. the worker starts to scream at us, but I don't care, I walk my way out of the kitchen and all the way to the front of the restaurant. We reach the street and Jade starts to run as fast as she can while still holding my hand.

After what seems to be an eternity, she finally stops. We both take some time to catch our breath ''Call your mother, now!'' ''Geez, Jady, what is it with all those orders?'' ''Cassandra, I'm serious! Those guys are... She needs to pick us up!'' Now I know this is some serious things happening. She never calls me by my full name unless we are in deep trouble! We look around to find a phone booth. Yes a booth. My mother never wanted me to have a cellphone because it was ''to dangerous'' for me to have one. I love my mom, she understands that I don't like school and support me with everything I do, but something she can be... Old fashionned? I get in this old and dirty booth and give my mom a call ''Hi~Can you pick us up, pleeeease?'' ''You finished school early?'' Silence from my side of the call. I hear her sigh and after a few seconds of silence ''Where are you?'' We explain the best we can where we are. And she finds us quite fast actually. She is really good at this. We step in the small blue car while thanking her. We are about to go and... Here they are. Right in front of us at the other end of the street. The two big dudes. How did they find us? Jade screams out when she sees them, they smile widely with this weird smug expression. My mom looks at them with wide eyes, stunned in place. I shake her out and she jumps on the gaz and rush out of the street, I don't know how she managed to not hit those guys, because they were running toward us, but she did. We drives for a bit, not really knowing where to go ''Those guys....Did... did they... look like bears?'' my mom asks. Bears? What is she talking about. Jade seems to agree, reach for the front and whisper something in my mom's ear. I think I heard something like ''camp''? but I'm not sure. My mom agree with her and ask Jade to lead the way.