Week 35: On the run

Prompt: Write a story about a character running away. Either from their responsability or a danger.

A/N: So this is part two of the story I wrote on week 31 with Jonathan, Nina, Pat, Anna and Samuel. They are now on the run. Let's see what they are going to do!

----

After a few minutes of driving in an awkward silence, Nina suddenly move to hit me hard on my arm, almost making me lose control of the car for a few seconds. I scream out in pain and surprise and she shouts ''You promised us that everything were going to be okay!''

''Ouuch, I'm sorry! I didn't know the army would come to... to... do that and...'' I try to hold my tears but I can't so I let them flow. I do feel guilty even if nothing of what happened was my fault ''Listen, when a bunch of random dudes with guns tell you to shut up and listen you do! They said if I didn't comply they would kick me out and there was no way I was leaving you alone with them! I'm sorry!''

Samuel puts a reassuring hand on Nina's shoulder ''We are out now and you have a plan to put us all in safety, right Jon?''

''Huh, yes?''

Anna gives me a side look ''You do, right?''

''I didn't have much time to think this through but I know a place where we can be safe.''

So I go on and explains to them how my parents are way too deep in this conspiration/apocalyptic stuffs so they taught me how to drive on small road where there is almost no police driving around. How they have hidden cars everywhere and a secret lair that is not registered anywhere. Don't ask me how they did this, I never listened to this nonsense, but maybe I should have after all. So right now we are driving to one of the hidden car so it will be harder to find us. Everyone in the car listen to me in silence, I can see that they think like me, they never believed in all those theories but now that we have the army after us because almost everyone in the car have super powers that they got from a weird cloud... Maybe some theories weren't so crazy after all.

Another awkward silence and Pat asks if I can put some music or something, so I turn on the bluetooth and the last song that I listened to start. And of course it is the geekiest song that I have in my whole playlist! Hero too from the anime My Hero Academia. Everyone in the car burst out in laughter. Everyone goes on with their own teasing phrase:

''You are such a nerd!''

''Did you listen to this to give you the courage to do all of this?''

''Weeb!''

''Well that is the perfectly appropriate music for the occasion!''

I try to not laugh too while saying''Well I am not the one that asked for music!'' I turn the whole thing off and we can't help but laugh for the next few minutes, relieving some of the stress that we've been through for the last few days.

We just managed to finally stop laughing that my phone rings, making us all jumps. I see on the little screen on my car dash that it's my parents that are calling. I give an shy look to my passengers and pick up the phone and since I know they are on speaker phone on their side I say ''Hi mom, hi dad.''

their voices blast loud and clear in the car's speakers ''We heard on the police frequency that they are looking for five fugitives in a car exactly like yours. Is that you?''

I can feel the panic rising inside of me, the polices are already chasing us, I try to keep a steady voice when I answer ''Yes, it's us.''

''We are so proud of you son!''