Week 37: Scroll

Prompt: You can't believe what you just read on the scroll. You have to tell someone.

A/N: It wasn't an easy week. I didn't sleep well at all and I got sick too. But here it is late, again, but atleast it's here.

----

I give another look around the room, making sure I am alone and I step in carefully. I try to be as silent as I can while reaching for my goal: This scroll on the table of this room where all the major decisions are made for the city. I finally reach it and I can't help but read it now, only a small peak at it, you know just to be sure it's the right scroll. Would be a shame to do all this work only to leave with a grocery list! I read it fast and what I read is... unbelievable. I have to tell everyone, right now! What they are planning to do to the city... to the whole kingdom! I roll it back and hide it in my pockets while I run out of the room. If only I can be as lucky as when I went in, and don't get caught...

Well maybe I shouldn't have spoken too fast, beacause as I turn the first corner, I litterally bump into guards. Two of them. One is a warrior with a two-handed sword and the other is a wizard. Of course it's a wizard. We all look at each other a split seconds before I start running for my life. They shout at me, but I'm much faster than them. I can hear a fireball grazing the side of my head, missing me by only a inch. I duck my head the best I can in my shoulders and keep running. I am finally out of the building, but I can hear the warrior's steps getting closer and closer. I reach the reassuring woods that I know so well and grab one of the smaller trees to help myself face the warrior. He didn't expect me to do that and I can hit him with one of my dagger on his chest. I dodge one of his deadly swing and I hit the side of his body. I give one last blow on the top of his head and he is gone. But I don't have the time to celebrate my victory since another fire ball flight just above my head. Missing me by only a few inches again. I start running again. I have to reach the Lair before this wizard gets me. My friends will be able to help. More and more Fire balls explode around me, forcing me to run in zig zag instead of a straight lines. But I'm still faster, I'm almost there. Only a few more feet. I finally reach the small opening in the forrest where the Lair is. I say Lair but it's more like a small village where all the ''rebelious people'' stays. We needed proof that the King was unfair to the people and I finally have that proof in my pockets. I can't let them down. I whistle the alarm as loud and clear as I can while still running to alarm my people and luckily for me, my friends were waiting for me. I can see one of them already getting an arrow on his bow, ready to shoot a deadly shot to the wizard behind me. I duck when I hear the signal and I can hear the arrow passing right above me and hitting the wizard right in thec hest, making him fall to the ground.

Everything is dead silent around me. Everyone is looking at me with both fear and hope. I'm too out of breath to say anything, so I reach in my pockets and show everyone the scroll, making all of them cheer for me. We did it! did it. Mick, the wizard, stands back up and congradulate me too ''That was a good run, buddy!''

''thanks, your aim is getting better, maybe next time you will get me!''

Matthew, the warrior, then walk toward us too with  red foam balls in his arms ''I'm still missing one. I can't find it anywhere!''

We all go back into the wood to find the missing fire ball. That's what I like so much about this Live action role-playing, everyone is so friendly once the 'scenes' are over. We always help each other out when out of characters. After a few minues, one of the rebelious shout out ''FOUND IT!'' we all cheer and go back to our respective base. The castle for Mick and Matthew and the village for the the others.

We get back into characters and two of my friends and I rush for the small house where the leader of the group is waiting. I say with a fake out of breath voice ''Found it, and you have to read this... The king... he is planning something so... bad. I can't even believe it myself!''

The leader take the scroll from my hand and read it over and over again. Reality finally synching in. He looks at me straight in the eyes and ask ''You read this?''

''Not the whole thing, but yeah.''

''I specifically said to not open it before coming back here!'' He says with anger in his voice.

''Well... I wanted to make sure I had the right one... Why is it so bad if I read it a bit early?Everyone is about to know anyway.'' I ask, a bit confused why he is so angry at me.

''I asked you one simple thing and you still found a way to screw it up. It's a shame. I really like you as an ally.'' he explains while slowly rising up and reaching for his sword ''But now you know too much... You must be stopped.''

''What? Wait... I thought you were one of us!''

''And why would I betray the king to be with some... rats like you? No! I was only here to stop your nonsense! And I almost did it... but you just had to open that scroll...''

My friend is the fastest to react, she throws a chair at the so called leader of the rebellion and grab the scroll on the table before pushing us out of the room. As we burst outside, we can see some of our people turning on us. It was all a set up! Almost everyone here were a spy for the king! The plot twist is amazing! Oh gosh do I love this LARP!

The leader is finally outside too, screaming orders to stop my friends and myself. We run for our lives. We have to reach the village. Tell everyone. If enough people believe us, we will be able to stop the king! Or atleast we hope. I can see that I'm running faster than my friends and instinctively slow down to stay with them. One of them gives me a small push forward ''You go ahead and tell everyone. We will buy you some time!''

''No...I can help here too-''

''JUST GO!''

I give them a small nod and a small word of encouragement and run faster than I ever run before. It's almost the end of the day, but the sun still gives me a bit of brightness, just enough to give me the time to see a blade reaching for me. I don't know how I manage to dodge it, but I do and keep on running. No time for fancy combat maneuvers. I only need to run.... fast... until I reach the safety of the town. There I will be able to blend in. I will be able to find the leaders of all the clans and show them the scroll.

Two groups will then emerge. Those in favor of the king and those agains't. And with that scroll, there will finally be lots of people agaisn't him! I knew I was right to not trust this guy! And now people will believe me!

---

A/n I hope I did great. I never went to a LARP, but some of my friends went and told me stories of it. I also watched a few documentaries about them. I hope you enjoyed!