Week 43: Enchanted World

Prompt: Write a description and invitations for a monster's wedding or funeral. Include descriptions of flowers, clothing, and those in attendance.

A/N: I kept the ''include descriptions'' because I am really bad at this so.... Yeah this is going to be a challenge.

TW: it's going to be a funeral, so mention of death and body.

----

Everyone were gathered in this small dark room. There was flowers and plants everywhere you could almost not see the dark wooden walls and the dark blue carpet anymore. Now all they could see were delicates blues and pink flowers and green vines climbing around the windows. All the luxurious red chairs were stacked in one corner to let as much people in the room as they could. And in the center of the room was this small coffin made of rosewood all surrounded by all kind of roses. Red, white, black and yellow. A mix of colors and all the emotions that could be felt in the room.

Almost all the small village was in this small room. Those who couldn't fit in would wait outside and look by the windows. Those who could fly would sit on the curtain rods or fly around in circle to leave as much floor room as possible. It was a first for all the creatures gathered here today. To mourn one of them without the one they loved and cherished being there. They all warned their little orange fairy to never spend time around the Humans. That it was too dangerous. Especially for a small fairy as beautiful as she was. But she was too curious, she needed to explore every single World that existed. unfortunatly, the Human World was her last one. 

And it was not like they tried to save her. Giant trolls, elegant vampires, hairy werewolves and sparkling fairies all went into this cursed World and tried to bring her back. But they were all too late. One of the elder fairy slowly flew to the coffin, holding this old brown and greenish book in his wrinkled hands, his bright red wings flapping in his back. The small whispers all stopped when he put on his small round black glasses. He was quite small, but his voice was loud and clear ''We are all gathered here today to-'' he took a deep breath to keep his voice steady and he was about to continue when they heard screams and gasps outside. Everyone inside turned to look at the round wooden door that slowly opened to let a human holding something in their arms in. The human was all dirty and wounds covered their arms and legs. They were out of breath and they have been obviously crying for a long time considering their puffy red eyes. They walked to the coffin and carefully put the small package inside of it. they took a few steps back and said with their voice full of sorrow ''I... I tried my best to bring her back before it was too late but... Once I finally found her their had already cut...'' they put their hands over their mouth and couldn't hold back the tears anymore and dropped on their knees, crying.

A few fairies flew to the coffin and carefully opened the small blanket to see their lost sister without her wings in it. There was another mix of emotions in the air now: the relief to finally mourn their loved one properly, sadness of what happened to her and anger too. A dryad stepped in and grabbed the human in his green hands and lifted them in front of them ''How did you find this place?'' he asked with anger in his voice.

''She told me the way... I didn't tell anyone... I knew things were getting bad and... I told her to explain to me how to bring her back home if something ever happened... I swear I begged her to leave but...''

The dryad threw the human on the floor. The human raised their hands in front of them ''I know what it means for me to be here... I am ready to face the consequences, but first please... Let her rest as peacefully as she can... I will wait outside.'' The human stood back up on their weak legs and walked out and collapsed under and a giant oak tree, waiting for their fate. All the creatures stared at them for a while and when their were all sure the human wouldn't move, they all got their attention back to the funeral.

Once the ceremony was over, the dryad was one of the first one to step outside and walked straight to the human ''That's my tree!''

''Sorry.'' The human answered sheepishly while stepping away from the tree.

''How can you convince us that you didn't put us all in danger  coming here? What did you do to make sure you weren't being followed?''

''It's not my first tango with the authorities, I know how to hide and make people loose my tracks. I may be human, but I'm not that stupid.''

The dryad crossed their arms in front of his chest ''We will see about that.'' and he grabbed the human by the wrist and dragged they to this tall tower made of rocks and mortar. Small windows could be seen on the first few meters, but as it got higher, the small holes disapeared. The human sighed and look at their feet. They knew what was waiting for them. Their small fairy friend told them. But she thought Humans couldn't be that bad. She wanted to show the others how Humans could be nice and gentle... It didn't turn out as she wanted unfortunatly. The human was happy he found away to make her tell them how to find this place before she passed. Now they knew she was at peace. And in a way, they were too. They were so sick of the Human World. The wars, the crimes... Of course it wasn't always that bad, but it was hard to not see the bad things happening.

They didn't say anything when they were tossed in this small rocky cell. They thanked every single one that came to give them water and food. They thanked over and over again those who took care of their wounds and they waited patiently for everything to be over.

They couldn't really tell the time since there wasn't any window but after a while, the same dryad came back, unlocked the door and stepped aside. The human stared at him in confusion, the dryad rolled his eyes ''I don't agree with all of this so I will keep an eye on you!''

''Am.... Am I... Free to go?''

''Yes! They all agreed to let you...live... here...with all of us.'' He said with disgust clear on his face. The human let out a small laugh of disbelief and slowly walked toward the door, almost expecting the dryad to close the door in their face laughing and leaving them here.

but that didn't happened. The human looked at the dryad ''Thank you... My name is-''

''I don't care, just go!''

The human jumped in fear and left as fast as they could. To their new life. In this enchanted world that they always wanted to live in... But not like that... Not without her. They didn't really know what to do now, but they would find something... hopefully.

---

A/n Not lots of descriptions, but more than I usually put... I think... Oh well, Happy halloween everyone!