Week 25: The lighthouse

Prompt:Write a story about an abandonned lighthouse.

A/N: This prompt is from a tiktok by ''dungeonmastersdiary''. Here's what it says "I know this sounds crazy and I know no one will believe me. That lighthouse is abandonned, I'm aware. But the beam from it shines every night on the rocks at the bay. Same spot. And everytime we've gone to investigate. Nothing. No one. I need your help. People are scared."

----

(Small info here, this is going to be a story about a DnD game. So everything that is in italic are what the players are saying or doing. And everything in normal font are the characters doing.)

The tavern is almost empty, but it's understandable since it's still really early in the afternoon. But there is a bunch a miss matched adventurers in front of one of the regulars. The old sailor man rubs his hands and says in is raspy voice ''I know this sounds crazy and I know no one will believe me. That lighthouse is abandonned, I'm aware. But the beam from it shines every night on the rocks at the bay. Same spot. And everytime we've gone to investigate. Nothing. No one. I need your help. People are scared.''

Faecerys stand tall and proud and says in her most reassuring voice ''Don't fear any longer, we are really competent champions. We helped and saved many people before. We will vanquish whatever seems to trouble your lighthouse!''

The sailor nods his head and swear he will lead them to said lighthouse when they will be ready. And now the question is:

''What do you do?'' Valerie asks from behind her DM 's screen.

''I THROW THE DWARF ALL THE WAY UP TO THE LIGHTHOUSE!'' Helen shouts out.

''Nooo!''Mick says while rubbing his face with his hand. ''You can't throw the dwarf.''

''Why not?'' Simon asks ''It's funny when she throws me around!'' 

Mick lets out a big sigh ''We are still in the tavern and.... Just let me do the talking and planning ok?''

Faecerys looks back at her teammates, they are a weird bunch, but not a so uncommon group among other aventurers: a half-orc that decided to turn his life around and do some goods in the world. A dwarf that likes to put up a fight with anyone and anything. And finally herself, a healer that had the 'really great' idea to join them to assist them... They both gave her good money so she would agree to join them, but sometimes, she wondered if this was her best choice for a living. She raises a hand to catch their attention''Let's get some rest, so we can be ready for tonight.'' And without waiting for an answer, she head for her room on the tavern's second floor and lock the door behind her. Zark and Admur Evenbranch looks at each other and give each other a small nods, they still have a few hours to spare before going back to their room. They order a beer and asks the few customers if they want to play any card game. But once every single one of the customers either ignored or shushed them away (it seems like their reputations are growing around town) they don't have anyting else to do and they head upstairs for their room.

''I don't know why nobody wants to play with us!'' Helen says.

''Oh really?'' Valerie asks with her DM's eyes.

''Okay, just because... sometimes... our games end up in a bar fight doesn't mean that.... Oh come on! It's funny!'' Helen still try to argue, but Valerie only shakes her head while trying to hide her smile. ''So you sleep for a few hours until the sun goes completly down. You wake up and go back downstairs....''

The old sailor are waiting for the adventurers to show them the way. They make sure they have everything that they will need and follow the old man down a small road. After a few minutes, they can see a sharp light piercing through the night ''This is as far as I go. Good luck.''