Week 22: Writer's block, the sequel

Prompt: A character is stuck in the same spot in their story and they see the writer struggling about it.

A/N: Here I am again, not satisfied with any ideas the wheel is giving me. But atleast I got some inspiration from one of the book I read last week. It's 'Worlds of ink and shadow' from Lena Coakley. It's about a sister and a brother that can teleport themselves in the stories they are writing. It's a really good book, I really liked it. And since I have (another) writer's block, I mixed the 'a write that doesn't know what to write' and the universe of this book where the writer can go in the story and actually talk to the characters and I came up with this idea.

----

This is just a weird feeling. You know, like a déjà vue, but at the same time not really. I feel like I've been stuck at this desk, at this very moment for months now. But I also can swear that I remember doing so many things only to see myself sitting here again. I'm sure I did some of the right things but also some of the wrong things... The last ones always made me feel so alive... But yet, here I am, sitting at this stupid desk in this stupid hotel room after all my so called 'friends' betrayed me. Again. I look myself in the mirror and I see my reflection, but it doesn't look like me anymore. All the dramas and the traumas changed me. There is still this part of me that wants to do the right thing. To go back to them and ask for forgiveness, again. Because I didn't mean to hurt anyone and yet they still let me down... How could they do this to me? After everything that I did for them. I could have done so much worst. I could have really betrayed them, Gods I could have killed every single one of them on so many occasions, but I didn't. Of course I didn't, because it is not the right thing to do... I am not a bad person, right?

Being stuck here for so long makes me thing otherwise. I don't know what the Gods have in mind for me, but I hope they will allow me to get my revenge. I can't do this anymore! Always being the butt of the joke or taking all the blame for everything bad or wrong that happened. Just because I was there doesn't mean it was all my fault! It's so unfair. I look outside the window beside me. Everything is so peaceful and quiet like the nature isn't aware of all the stragedies that are going on in the Human World. The setting sun gives this golden color to all the trees and the few houses around the hotel. It's so beautiful, I wish I could stay in this moment forever... Wait, is this why I feel like I'm stuck here? The Gods heard my prayers and let me live like this for eternity? I close my eyes and shake my head, this is impossible. The Gods have many powers but they can't play with this immuable thing that is the time.

When I look back outside, I jump in shock as I see another reflection in the glass. How did they manage to get in my room without me noticing? I grab the knife that has been sitting on the desk for as long as me and jump on my feet to face the stranger. I look around but there is nobody in the room. I'm all alone. I close my eyes and let out a big sigh. I'm getting crazy for sure. This feeling that I'm stuck in a loop and now this? I sit back on the chair and look back at the window. My eyes widen when I still see the reflection of this stranger. How is this even possible?

I take a better look at the other person. They look a bit like me, but without all the scars and traumas. They are wearing weird kind of clothings too. I've never seen clothes like that before and they are sitting at a desk just like me, but there is some intense light coming out of the weird looking mirror in front of them. I see them as they put their face in their hands. I have this strange feeling that our destinies are connected. That I should know this person that I never met before. I can't help but lightly tap on the glass to try and catch their attention. To both our surprise, it works. They look back at me and we stare at each other. When our eyes meet, I know for sure that they are one of the Gods... My God... They are the one responsible for me being stuck here for months now. I see the despair in their eyes. I see their lips moving but I can't hear them so I point to my finger and shake my head no, but I feel like they said 'Sorry'. I see their whole body giving up on them. They seem so desperate and the small bit of good in me wants to help somehow... So i stare them right in the eyes and make this last prayer ''Please let me be get my revenge. I know I am suppose to be good. That's what I always did, but look where it brought me? Please, please, please! I want them to pay! I know I have to make them pay so I can make this World better!''

Once I'm done with my prayer I see their stance switch. They now sit straight and they give me one last look. One full of nostalgia and maybe a hint of regrets and they face their shiny mirror again. Their reflection slowly fade away and I feel myself living again. I can hear the birds singing again outside. I didn't even notice before now how quiet everything was around me. I can feel myself staring at my reflection and then my beloved knife on the desk. This very knife that they gave me so long ago as a promise that they will always have my back. Everyone in the group have a knife like this. It helped me so many times but now I can't bare to look at it. I give myself one last look and I stab the mirror with the knife. The glass shatter all around me while the knife embedded in the back of the mirror. I stand back up, leaving the knife there and not being careful to not cut myself with the broken glass and walk away from the room. I have things to do and no time to waist. It is time, my time, to finally do everything that I ever wanted since the beginning. Just watch me and recoil in fear, I am not holding back any longer!

---

A/N late again... I played way too much with my dinosaurs on Ark! I think it is my shortest story so far, but atleast it's something. Like one of the youtubers I follow says ''One is better than zero'' so here it is!