Week 17: Guardian Angel

Prompt: Write a chapter from one of your work in progress. If you are like me and have over nine thousand WIP, take another that you picked on week 13.

A/N: So this is going to be the first chapter of the sequel of my other story 'Angel of Death'. So kind of maybe spoilers ahead I guess? For my story, if you want to read it first. You already met one of the character, Gloom, so he is back!

----

(Long story short here, Gloom never met his mother, she abandonned him not long after he was born. Leaving his father to raise him on his own. She contacted his boyfriend at the end of the first book, asking him to give Gloom her phone number and this is where we are now)

*Gloom's POV*

I'm staring at the small piece of paper that this woman gave to Pri a few weeks ago. I still can't get myself to say mother. I don't know her, that's not what a mother his, isn't it? I can feel arms gently wrapping around me ''Do you want me to call and cancel your meeting with her for you?'' Pri asks while giving me a sweet hug. I sigh and shake my head ''I need to know... I want to know...''

''But?''

I laugh slightly, he always knows what's on my mind ''but... I don't think I want to be alone with her. Do you want to come with me?''

''Of course, Angel, anything for you.'' he press a sweet kiss on my cheek and get ready to go to work. I feel like he already knew I would ask him that. After all, I did set the meeting on one of his day off. I kiss him goodbye and as he closes the door, my mask that is loosely hanging on my chest flashes, telling me that I also have to go to work. I put my mask on and look at the soul that I will have to gather, but I'm a bit surprise to see that it's my father calling me back to the Underworld. I didn't do anything wrong, well atleast I think I didn't... I brace myself and snap myself into the throne room.

''What did I do?'' I ask as soon as I pop in the room.

''... Nothing, son. I wanted to be sure you were doing okay. Your meeting with your... mother, is in a few days, isn't it?''

I stare at him in silent, I'm still not use of him being nice to me. He was always so strict before ''Huh, yeah I'm fine?'' My father looks at me and gesture me to keep going. I sigh loudly, am I really that easy to read? ''Pri is coming with me.''

''Wise move.'' I nod and dance from one foot to another. Should I ask my father to come too. Does he wants to see her again? I look back at him and he smile gently, slowly rise from his throne and walks toward me. We stand in front of each other awkwardly for a few seconds and he puts his hands on my shoulders ''It is your time with her, but if you need my support, I am more than happy to go with you and Pri.''

I can feel a huge weight falling off my shoulders. I didn't realise how stressed out I was. I nod, thank him and tell him when and where we are going to meet her. Before snapping myself back home, I turn back to face my father, gives him a quick hug and teleport away.

Gloom didn't get the chance to see the big and wide smile on his father's face since he snaps away reall fast after the outburst of love he gave to his father.

*Lucifer's POV*

Today is the day, I going to meet her again... I thought I was over my sentiment toward her, but seeing how stressed out I am...Maybe I was wrong. But I have to be strong, for my son. I check for the hundredth time if my suits is well ajusted and I snap myself to the Human's world. I look around the restaurant's parking lot, trying to find Pri's car. I guess I'm the first arrived...