Week 33: Optimistic brainstorm

Prompt: Write a chapter from one of your work in progress.

A/N: So this is my last WIP. It is a Sanders Sides fantastic AU. 

Long story short, prince Roman and knight Logan are trying to help their friends prince Patton and knight Virgil. Patton and Virgil are currently following two strange sorcerers that are definitly bad influence. Roman got in a fight with the first sorcerer and Patton while Logan got injured by the second one and Virgil. Roman helped Logan to get to the nearest village only to find his brother that he didn't see in years. Remus brought them home where Emile, his husband, helped Logan as best as he could. Roman explained what happened to his brother and Remus instantly knew who he was talking about...

----  

The next morning, everyone were up early and gathered around the kitchen table to eat breakfast. Or more likely play with their food while trying to figure out what they were going to do. Remus and Emile just finished explaining to Roman and Logan how they met those two sorcerors all this time ago. How they fell in love with Janus and Remy. And how the two sorcerors used that love to use and manipulate them. That was their most powerful magical power. They can manipulate other people's feelings and emotions at will. Making them do things they wouldn't normally do, but when you are overwhelmed with emotions, it was hard to think clearly so they would use that confusion to manipulate others. That was most likely what happened to Patton and Virgil since they were so angry and Roman and Logan, anger is an easy emotion to manipulate into violence. But since they both stopped when things were getting serious, they were not completely under their control yet. It shouldn't be too hard to snap them out of their control. To do so they will need to ease their anger. Roman and Logan looked at each other awkwardly, Roman gave a small look to mile ''Do you mean that we only need to... apologie?''

''I don't know Roman, is an apologie enough considering what you did?''

After a few second of silence, Logan said in a whisper ''We will find a way...''

Remus and Emile then gave them the shields and those weird looking bomb. When they both snapped out of the sorceror's control, they tried their best to find a way to protect themselves agaisn't them if they would ever show up again. They found this metal that could deflect almost evertything, objects, projectiles or magical out burst. They had just enough to make those two small shields, but it should be enough for them to get closer to their friends. And for the bombs, it was built with all kinds of herbs and roots and worked like a smoke bomb, but with a special twist to it: it made the person that inhaled the smoke lose their magic for a little while. Could be hours, could be weeks, they could never be sure about the exact amount of time. But it would be more than enough to escape. The only thing that Emile was worried about was how the link would react if they threw the bomb before it was broken. Maybe it would be best to find a way to snap them out of it on their own and then throw the bomb to be sure nothing bad happened to Patton and Virgil.

Remus showed them the way to Janus and Remy secret lair, hoping they would still be there after all those years ''I'm sorry brother to not come with you but...''

''It's okay, we understand.'' Roman said, giving him a big hug at the same time.

''Becareful out there and come back in one piece with everyone, okay?''

''Okay.''

Logan gave a small nod to Remus, but Remus pulled him in a big hug, making Logan groan in pain, his wounds still fresh and not healed. But he had worst in his knight's life and he didn't want to leave Roman on his own for this adventure. Logan made sure that they hadeverything they needed: food, water, their weapons, the shields and the bombs. It should take them a good part of the day to reach the secret lair, but they should be able to reach it before dark.

The fist part of the walk went well, they didn't encountered anything bad, but once they had to leave the road to walk into the deep and dark wood, they had a much harder time to walk and find their way around. And with Roman always talking and ''rehearsing'' how he will save Patton, it was really hard to not get distracted. The sun was about to set when they finally found the lair. It was a small abandonned hotel made of stone. Why would someone build an hotel in the middle of nowhere? Who knew, but there it was and there was light coming out from the small windows. Roman wanted to jump in right away, the more they waited the stronger the link would become, but Logan knew better. In a place that they didn't know, after a whole day of walking, the odds weren't in their favor at all. They needed to rest and be ready for the fight to come. Logan might or might not threaten to tie Roman to a tree if he didn't comply, but they decided that it was wiser to wait in the morning before to try any rescue mission. Like that, they would be able to see better, think better and they would have a bit more time to come up with a plan. Logan set the small camp, and they went over the small plan they had for the next morning.