Week 38: Back story

Prompt: Write the back story of one (or more) your OC.

A/N: Luka and Rose are back. Let's do some character development... Or atleast try. I'm last minute again so let's see what I can come up with...

----

It's funny to see how two people can get along well even if they seemed so different. Maybe sometimes because when you looked closely they were not so different after all. Just because they came from a different lifestyle that they didn't experienced similar things. Looking at Luka that grew up in a more than 'normal' family. The typical one. While Rose grew up in a Court, her mother was a consort and she would have became one too if destiny wouldn't have chose a different path for her. Seeing those two training together, you would never have guessed that they were so different. The way they talked to each other, it was almost like they were childhood friends. But they would have never met under  any other circumstances...

Luka's family was from the middle of the city. Not on the top of the mountain where all the riches lived, but not at the bottom of it either. He grew up in the most stereotypically normal part of the city, where nothing was wrong, but nothing was out of the ordinary either. It was just normal. He never complained, he always liked this stillness and routine. It was conforting in a way. While on the other hand, Rose grew up in the very bottom of the city. She wasn't born in one of the prestigious Court were the people were treated well and with respect. It's wasn't worst either, but still, it was hard. She was always on the move, trying to find something new to do. The adventure was whats he enjoyed the most in her part of the city. She tried to run away to the higher places, but it was too boring for her so she always came back to her place. The chaos was always soothing to her.

When it came to parents, for Rose it was an awkward subject to talk about. She never really talked about her biological parents since she never knew who her father was and her mother... Well she couldn't say she was a mother to her. She gave birth to Rose but that was pretty much it. Atleast for the little kid that she was, there was someone to take care of her. This old lady that was too old to be a consort, but still lived in the Court to cook or clean and take care of the unwanted children. But she still cared for everyone of them like it was her own. She taught Rose how to sneak out without anyone noticing, how to climb and walk on every slippery or uneven surfaces. She did everything in her power to drag the children away from the Court so they could live their childhood without growing up too fast. And luckily for that lady, the Handy man wanted the same thing. He was the father figure for Rose and all the other kids. Really caring too, always there for them and teaching how to fix everything around the Court. Rose was never ashamed of them, but everytime she brought them up, people were pitying her for not having ''real parents'', but she always considered them her parents. She even still sneak out of the Lair from time to time to pay them a little visit. And for Luka, he had his lovely parents always there for him. Supporting everything that he did. Until that night where he got his power. his parents didn't know what to do, they weren't even sure if he actually had powers, but they tried their best to hide his secret until that fatal day. Luka still wondered if his parents were doing okay. He still thought about the letter he wrote to them in a hurry the day Rose saved him. He felt like he didn't write everything he wanted to. He will have to ask Rose if he could send another one... Now that he is getting settled down, his mind got clearer and clearer, now there was so much things he needed to tell them... Luka hoped she would understand and let him send another letter...

Their destiny most likely was fixed the night of the Storm. When they got their powers. When the Seeker sensed their power and the brothers decided to get them. Rose was the first one, it was their first try and it didn't go as they planned at all. But atleast Rose was safe and free with them now. The brothers felt bad to drag her out of her life only to notice that maybe she wasn't the one they were looking for after all. The Seeker sensed another one with even more power than Rose and it went a bit better for their second time, but they only managed to convince him to join them when Rose talked to him. So after that, Rose was always the one to grab the newest 'chosen one'. She then saved Storm, she was left for dead on the beach and they could only thank Rose's power to save her life. And finally, the latest chosen one: Luka. She almost didn't have time to find him before the Hunters, but she still saved him. And now she was the one training him. Mainly because Dash and Storm were still a bit bitter to be put aside by the new one, but also because they were getting along really well.

So here they were, training over and over again so Luka would get better with his power but also in hand to hand combat so he could defend himself. He was going a long way since he was always in his little comfy home without doing any sports beside the required sports in school. But he was a fast learner, maybe he was The chosen one after all.

Maybe he would be the one to save all the other people with powers, the Threats. It was a lot of pressure for one young man, but he knew he had a whole team supporting him. And he had no idea how big that team was. There was still some hidden allies that he had no idea about... That maybe he would learn about soon.