- O N E H U N D R E D & S I X T E E N -

~ phil's pov ~

i look to the right of my shoulder and see techno sat staring at the tv in confusion as tommy rested on the side of him sleeping peacefully. techno wasn't good with affection so he wasn't really sure what to do and i don't blame him.

all of them were tired and i could tell because i looked over to wilbur on the opposite sofa whose legs were extended across to the other end and hanging off as he tried to keep his eyes open, he was drifting off and jolting awake every now and then.

i sigh and stand up, knowing that they would not be comfortable sleeping on the couch when they wake up i lift tommy up carefully off of techno which he thanks me for with a whisper.

the young boy was hanging over my shoulder with his arms hanging down low behind me as i hold onto his legs, i head upstairs to his bedroom and place him down carefully on his bed and tucking him under the covers.

next, i head back downstairs to where wilbur and techno were to see wilbur fast asleep. unfortunately for wilbur there was not a chance i was lifting him so i had to wake him up, luckily he wasn't that grumpy when woken up unlike tommy and techno.

i shake wilburs shoulder lightly as i knew he was a light sleeper and when i did wake him up i just got a groan in response to him, he must have been pretty tired.

"wilbur come on mate get up, you need to get to bed" i whisper.

"no, i'll stay here" he groans.

"alright but it won't be very comfy" i tell him "do you want a blanket"

"yes please" he mutters in a sleepy voice.

he was half awake, he could respond to me and everything but in reality he was asleep and probably wouldn't remember this conversation in the morning.

however, i grab a blanket from the corner of the room where we keep them and place it over him watching as he snuggled up to it immediately making me smile, shortly after i move my attention over to techno.

he was sat on the couch fully awake, his eyes were wide open and he was just staring at the wall obviously in a daydream.

"you going to bed techno?" i ask him.

i pulled him out of his trance and he responds after clearing his throat "yeah in a minute"

it was clear something was on his mind so i decided to ask him about it "you alright techno? i know all of this is stressful"

he nods still looking forward "yeah just worried about tommy"

"how come? he's gonna be alright"

"i know but he told me how he's scared to go incase they hit him or something"

"well what did you say to him?"

"i just told him that it won't happen and if it does he can always ring us and i'll beat them up"

i smile and ruffle his hair "you're such a good brother"

"whatever" he groans "how you feeling grandpa?"

"don't even get me started on that techno, it's too late"

"have you spoken to him?"

"yes but he keeps trying to change the topic so i'll wait till after tomorrow"

"oh okay" he responds "i'm gonna be an uncle, i'll be an awesome one aswell!"

"if they do keep it you will not be left alone with it" i joke.

"why? what possibly would i do to it?"

"knowing you techno you'd teach it how to karate chop us in our sleep"

"that's not a bad idea actually"

"oh be quiet" i say "i'm going to bed, are you gonna stay down here with mr. sleepy head or are you going to your room?"

"i'm going to my room"

AUTHORS NOTE

HAPPY NEW YEAR's EVE!
i hope you all have a great year
in 2022 and leave all the bad things
in 2021, thank you for reading this
book i can't wait for 2022 and what
will happen with this story!