- ONE -

~ Tommy's pov ~

I awoke from my sleep to the sound of the younger kids running around outside my room in the hallway, it happens almost every morning so I'm used to it by now. I am getting fostered today I don't have much hope as I used to, after the first few times of them bringing me back I didn't really care anymore.

I made my bed and got ready for the day putting on my red and white t-shirt and some blue jeans before checking my worn out bag to make sure I packed everything, I mean there's not a lot but I still need to check. Everything was there including my notebook and my tiny pencil that has been sharpened down many times throughout its life time, also my old cracked phone from years ago I use to text my friend Jason.

Jason was my roommate here until he was fostered by a nice family, the problem is that his house is miles away from us so we can't meet often. I hope one day that we will see each other again it would be nice, I'm happy for him though, it had always been hard for him to even get fostered because of his tourettes. It has been hard for me recently because I was diagnosed with misphonia not long ago meaning that was on my files making more reasons for people to not want me.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Mrs. Smith my carer shout me "THOMAS YOUR BREAKFAST!"

"Coming!" I shouted back, I always hated the name Thomas. I'm not sure why I just don't like it.

I head downstairs to the dining room to see all the other kids sitting round the table.

This is gonna be great.

"Can I not eat upstairs?" I ask Mrs. Smith.

"No you will eat with everyone else, your little sob story about noises won't work with me" She whispered the last part making me flinch.

I roll my eyes and sit down at the table in front of my plate of toast trying to drown out the noise of people chewing around me, hopefully today will be my last day here. I doubt it will be but there is always a chance.

After I finished my food as quick as possible I put my plate in the kitchen and head upstairs to wait for my social worker Mrs. Puffy to arrive.

~ T I M E • S K I P ~

I was almost finished drawing when I heard a knock on my door, knowing it was Mrs. Puffy I shouted "Come in"

"Hi Tommy how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good" I say shortly. I have never liked holding conversations with people since my diagnosis, it makes me more wary around people because I never know what noises they will make.

"What are you drawing?"

"A fox"

"Can I see?" I nod and hand her the book "This is really good Tommy,  it's gonna look even better when it's done"

I smile and look down out of embarrassment, I've never been good at receiving compliments so I never know what to do. She hands me the book and I begin drawing again before she speaks up.

"Have you got everything packed for later?" I nodded my head "That's good then, they will be here in about thirty minutes okay"

"Whatever" I mutter.

"I promise you these people are not like the others, Phil has two other sons you know? They were also in the system" I look up with a bit of hope, maybe they will be different.

I pull the smile off my face and nod going back to my drawing.

Before she leaves the room she turns back to me "Have you taken your meds today Tommy?" I shake my head in response "You need to take them, where are they"

"I dunno"

She sighs "Alright, be down in twenty minutes okay?"

"Sure" I agreed as she left the room.

I continued to finish my drawing until I look at the clock on my wall and see it has been roughly twenty minutes so I head downstairs with my notebook in hand as I knew I would be waiting. I was met at the bottom of the stairs with a smiling Mrs. Puffy which wasn't unusual to be honest.

"So Tommy do you want to go sit in the meeting room and they will be here soon okay?" She asked but it was more of a rhetorical question than an actually question.

I nodded at her instructions and walked down the hallway to the meeting room to be met with three chairs all lined up together on the opposite side of the room to me and then one chair not very far away from me so I sat in it and continued fo draw until I heard a knock at the door