- S E V E N T Y T W O -

~ phil's pov ~

i was just about to leave the house before i hear a knock at the door, i quickly rush to see who it is and i see puffy standing there holding her usually folder.

"hiya puffy wasn't expecting you to be around today" i smile and let her in.

"um yeah there's something i need to talk to you about" she sighs.

this isn't going to be good, i could tell by the look on her face and how uneasy she is around me.

"sure take a seat" i gesture over to the couch "what's going on?"

"i got a call a few days ago from someone who knows tommy"

"who were they?"

"his aunty and uncle, they have been looking for tommy for a while now and have finally got in contact with me"

"does this mean?" i trail off, i knew exactly what it meant i just needed the words to come out of her mouth.

"yes" she nodded "they can get custody of tommy"

"oh shit" i mutter under my breath "is there anything i can do? please"

"i wish there was phil, i know this is hard and it will be on all of you but they are tommys biological family, they have every right to do this"

"alright" i sigh while leaning back in my chair "whens this gonna happen then?"

"we are still in the starting process of it, we need to slowly ease into it" she explained "first we will get tommy to meet them and then gradually he will be more comfortable around them and finally we can get him to move in"

"so how long will that take? does tommy even know?" i began to panic.

"it usually takes a couple of weeks but it depends on how tommy is with them and no, tommy doesn't know yet he's back from school soon isnt he?"

"yeah" i look at the clock on the wall "they should be home in a few minutes"

"alright, i know this is hard phil but i'm here and we have people you can talk to"

"i know but im fine don't worry, just worried about the boys" i put my head in my hands and exhale "wilbur and techno have grown close to him and they're gonna be upset"

"i understand phil and you can alw-"

puffy was interrupted by the sound of the door slamming meaning the boys were back and we had to break the news to them. tommy came through the door first looking very happy.

"i got 95 on my test today phil!"

"that's great tommy well done" i force a smile even after the news i had received.

he then looked around saw puffy "oh what are you doing here puffy?"

"i came to talk to phil about you tommy" she told him as he took a seat.

"am i in trouble? because i think i did pretty well today"

"no you're not in trouble, i have some news though tommy"

"what is it? is it good news?"

"tommy, i got in contact with some of your family, they've been trying to track you down for years and i want you to meet them"

"what like go and live with them?"

"no not yet, maybe in the future"

"but i dont want to, i like it here phil tell her!" he pleads to me, his eyes were glossy with tears threatening to fall and it hurt me.

"i'm sorry tommy i can't do anything, they're your family"

"do you not want me?" he asked now crying "you said you did want me here, you lied!"

he runs upstairs leaving me and puffy lost for words while techno and wilbur stood there stunned at the news.

"you're not being serious are you dad?" wilburs voice cracked.

"yeah i am" i take a deep breath as i felt tears in my eyes "i know this is hard boys but you have to-"

"fuck this i'm going upstairs" techno exclaimed.

wilbur followed techno upstairs so now me and puffy were sitting there trying to figure out where we should go from here as it's quite obvious none of them were happy but i can't blame them, i wasn't happy with the news either but i knew i had to stay strong for them.

"well that went well" i try lighten the mood.