Pine or Ocean Breeze

Start from the beginning

"This is my little sister, Violette."

"Hello. Mr. Swan, I presume?" I said with a warm smile and batting my eye lashes innocently. I slowly began to let the smile grow showing my pearly white teeth while calming the aura around him. He looked stunned and then smiled kindly. He extended his hand.

"Call me Charlie...your quiet the small one, aren't you...like your sister, Alice right?" I grinned at him. "You two look like you could actually be related." He said to me and Edward. He nodded.

"He's my blood brother. I'm the baby of the family...I'm.." I was about to say 16, but remembered that was the old high school. "15...bout to turn 16" I said staring at Edward. I was NOT going to wait a whole year to drive my baby after I just got it.

"Well nice to meet you." Charlie said with a large smile. "Stop by anytime...Bella could use another friend to keep her out of trouble and you certainly seem like that one." He said and I could tell that the invitation was directed only to me and not my brother. I smiled and nodded.

"Ready to go?" Edward asked Bella who just nodded leaving straight to the car.

"Bye Chief Swan." said Edward as I fallowed.

"Nice to meet you Charlie and don't worry, I'll stop by again." I said with one more smile before leaving.

*Bella's POV* (this is before Edward and Violette got there)

I got up early to make my dad breakfast since he had to leave early today, too. The killings were rising near here again. He also said no more trips to Seattle so I guess Violette and Alice will be disappointed. My dad was watching the news when there was knocking on the door.

"Dad can you get it? I'm kind of busy." I said as I cooked the bacon and eggs. I figured Edward was here already. I heard him answer it.

"Hey there Jacob! Long time no see." Jacob?

"Hey Charlie...is Bella here?" Yea it was Jacob. I could hear his husky voice.

"Yep in the kitchen...would 'ya like something to eat?"

"No, I'm good. Just got to talk to her before school starts." I didn't hear anything else besides footsteps. I assumed my dad went upstairs and that the ones nearing the kitchen were Jacob's. "Hey Bells." I turned to him. I had just forgiven him for the stunt he pulled with the bike.

"Hey Jake. Want some?" I asked as I brought the pan of food up for him to see. He shook his head. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you weren't busy with your le...guy....if you wanted to go to a bonfire, with me?" I gave him a look when he was about to say leech, but guy? COME ON! I sighed. Edward wouldn't let me. He thought the wolves were dangerous. Especially with Victoria out on the loose.

"I can't." I whispered knowing he'd heard me.

"Oh come on Bella! He's practically got you caged up!" he shouted, his temper obviously rising from the trembling.

"Shh...Jake, calm down." He did. "I'm not too sure. I have plans and..."

"Now he's got you lying?! That son of a..." he trailed off, sniffing the air. "I gotta go...bat boy's coming...later Bella...tell me when you lose the baggage." With that I watched as he hopped on his motorcycle and drove off as Edward's Volvo came up. My dad must have heard the shouting because he looked like he had something on his mind and I knew he was about to let it ALL out.

*Violette's Pov*

As we drove off to school, I could just feel the tension in the air. I could read Bella and Edward's minds. Bella was worried about asking Edward about something...while Edward was mad about a...mutt? I don't know. Maybe I'm losing my talent here.

"So Bells...never knew you rode." she was distracted momentarily. Meanwhile, if Edward's grip tightened on the steering wheel any more, we would surely crash. Bella looked back at me confused. "The bike?" I asked her.

"Oh that...it's old..."

"You know I can tell when you're lying right...And why are you nervous? You can tell me anything... If you're worried about Edward, don't worry...I'll hold him off for you." I said with a grin. Edward just glared at the road. Was there something I didn't know here? I read Bella's mind again as she just looked twice as nervous now on top of looking shocked. I heard a name in her head.

Now I could see why Edward couldn't read her mind. It was like a human trying to read in the dark with only the moonlight as a light. "Who's Jake?" I asked her. Her face grew red and Edward practically grinded his teeth to the point where I thought dust would only be left. 'Nice going smarty now you made things worse.' I thought to myself. I tried to fix things, but Edward cut me off.

"We're here. Go into the main office to get your schedule." said Edward rudely. What's his problem? I looked towards Bella, but Edward quickly pulled her aside. 'Sheesh I can take a hint.' I thought with an eye roll. As I pushed against the car, I just now noticed I was leaning against, I could already feel my head being filled with the thoughts of the other students. I tried my best to ignore it by blocking Edward's powers out of my system as I made my way towards the office.