Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Devon and Elijah were inseparable throughout the night. There's a certain charm and excitement about knowing that the two of them are engaged to be married to each other. It's Elijah's greatest dream about to come true, and it is Devon's longtime wish to spend his life with someone he can trust and love endlessly.

Devon was busy greeting guests and Elijah was holding Devon's hand, all-smiles and grateful about receiving congratulatory words. However, Elijah's head was in the clouds, full of anticipation of what's to come later. Elijah wants to be alone with Devon as soon as possible and bask in Devon's warm embrace.

"Thank you so much for coming. Enjoy yourselves," Devon told the guests and turned to Elijah. "Sunshine? Are you okay?" Devon tugged Elijah's hand softly, but it seemed that his fiancé was in deep thoughts.

To catch Elijah's attention, Devon went in front of Elijah and stole a kiss from the latter, making Elijah blink and gasp softly before a soft blush crept on Elijah's cheeks. Ah, my sunshine is so adorable.

Surprised at the sudden gesture, Elijah cupped his warm cheeks and glared at Devon. "Dev! You surprised me!"

Devon just chuckled and pulled Elijah by the waist. "It's your fault for spacing out, baby. Care to share?" Devon's curiosity was piqued when Elijah blushed harder and buried his face on Devon's chest.

"T-Tonight. I was thinking about tonight," Elijah barely whispered against his pounding chest, a mix of nerves, embarrassment, and anticipation filled Elijah's chest.

"Tonight?" Devon creased his forehead, trying to recall what else is going to happen tonight, and found himself cursing and staring heavenwards with a soft blush. My sunshine is going to kill me.

Elijah leaned back slightly and looked up at Devon who also gazed down at Elijah, their eyes locked and a smile graced their faces. Happiness overflowed that it almost brought Elijah to tears. Devon tucked Elijah's wayward strands and planted a soft kiss on Elijah's forehead. "I can't wait for tonight, baby."

Elijah gasped and giggled, then rested his head on top of Devon's chest. "Me too, Dev."

"Eli, congratulations." Elijah snapped his head towards the familiar voice that he missed so much that Elijah finds himself in tears. There, in the middle of the square, dressed in a beige shirt and black pants, with his silvery hair flowing against the cold, night breeze, stood Ryzel in the flesh.

Elijah sucked a breath and blinked rapidly. "R-Ryzel? Y-You're here?" Elijah couldn't hide his shock. Even Devon froze at the sight of Ryzel.

Ryzel chuckled and nodded. "Of course. You sent me an invite for your birthday, right? There's no way I'll miss it," Ryzel explained and took a step forward.

"B-But..." Elijah's head was a mess. There are so many questions Elijah wants to ask Ryzel such as why did Ryzel left without notice? Where did Ryzel go? How is Ryzel doing? What about Blue? Did Ryzel know what happened to Blue after Ryzel left?

There are so many questions swimming in Elijah's mind, and Devon noticed it too. "Sunshine, questions later. That's Ryzel. I bet he wants a super tight hug from you," Devon suggested and Elijah's eyes lit up.

Ryzel noticed a glint of playfulness and naughtiness in Elijah's blue eyes, but before Ryzel could react to them, Elijah jumped on Ryzel and squeezed Ryzel so tight until Ryzel surrendered. "Eli, I'm sorry. God, let me breathe... Devon! Why the fuck are you laughing over there? Help me!"