Chapter 18

Consecutive updates! Hurray! 😉❣️

Chapter 18

"Sunshine, which ride do you want to try first?" Devon had Elijah in between his arms because the boy almost tripped three times while they were looking for the merry-go-round.

They were choosing between the carousel, the Viking, and the rollercoaster. Elijah who was comfortably nuzzling on Devon's neck leaned back and looked at the rides. "The horses, Dev!" Elijah cheerfully answered and Devon chuckled softly, then nodded.

Devon walked towards the merry-go-round and presented their card for unlimited rides. The person manning the ride subtly bowed to Devon and led the two to the carousel.

Devon stepped on the platform and deposited Elijah carefully on the seat. "Are you comfortable, sunshine?"

Elijah nodded excitedly and giggled. "You'll be beside me, right?" Elijah asked and held onto the pole.

Devon held Elijah by the shoulders and looked at the boy intently. "Sunshine, that's non-negotiable," Devon replied seriously and reached for Elijah's hand. After all, Devon can't have Elijah falling and injuring himself.

When the carousel moved, Elijah squealed when the horse moved up and down, the boy's giggles and laughter filling up the air.

On the other hand,

"Kill me now! I'm gonna hurl!" Blue screamed at the top of his lungs when the rollercoaster stopped on the highest point, and just seeing how high they were was enough to make Blue queasy and get cold hands and feet.

Ryzel rolled his eyes when he noticed how Blue's face went white as a sheet, holding his breath, with his eyes shut tight.

"Stop being overdramatic, Blue. If you got through this, you can take me out."

Blue's eyes shot open, wide eyes at Ryzel who looks so cool despite being a few miles up. "W-what did you-- aahhhh!"

Blue was not able to continue his words because the rollercoaster dropped in a flash, as he screamed for his life, while Ryzel also yelled his heart out, enjoying Blue's cry for help.

Four minutes later, Ryzel was assisting Blue towards the rest area, because the man couldn't take a step forward anymore. Ryzel asked the staff for a glass of cold water and an ice pack to help Blue relax.

"God, I think I died," Blue tiredly said and sighed pleasantly when the cold compress touched his neck.

Ryzel bit his lip and sighed. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this, but you deserve it for being annoying," Ryzel retorted and brushed the strands away from Blue's face.

Blue looked at Ryzel with a tired gaze and softly chuckled. "I'm fine. I'm just thankful that I did not threw up my insides," Blue added that made Ryzel guilty. "Give me five minutes, and we'll ride it again."

With a deep frown, Ryzel flicked Blue's forehead, making the man winced. "Are you out of your mind? Do you want to die that much?"

"Don't worry about me, Ryzel. I won't die until I take you out on a date. Prepare yourself, because I'm not gonna hurl this time. I emptied my stomach, and I know what to do to ace this test," Blue added and slowly got up, with Ryzel assisting him as he sat up. "I will tape my mouth with duct tape."

Ryzel gaped at Blue's insane idea, but the latter seemed serious. "Blue... you don't have to do this. I will--"

"Nah-uh. You can't back down now, Ryzel. You promised," Blue said as he massaged his temples to lessen the headiness he's feeling.