Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Stefan's Manor
Living Room

"Look at them, love. It's as if nothing happened," Matteo commented and sipped on his coffee. Aurora glanced at Devon and Elijah on the other side of the room. The two are sitting on the rug, with Elijah on Devon's lap, as the boy giggled and played a game on Devon's phone.

Aurora smiled and shook her head. "That's right. They're even sweeter this time. Let's have a bet. Fifty bucks, they're together," she wiggled her eyes and Matteo scoffed.

"Nope. It's so evident that they're together. Fifty bucks, our son confessed first."

Now it's Aurora's turn to snort. "Get out of here. Devon? Confession? Sure. Double it. A hundred bucks on Elijah confessing first."

Matteo smirked. "Deal. Now, how do we know who confessed with whom first?"

Aurora blinked. "Huh. You do it," Aurora said to Matteo and gestures towards the couple.

Matteo widened his eyes. "Are you out of your mind? That's Devon we're talking about," Matteo hissed, completely aware of the sharp and dark glare he will receive from Devon if Matteo asked a delicate question.

"Oh! I'll ask Eli later," Aurora decided while Matteo rolled his eyes.

"Sure, ambush the boy, then Devon won't let us see Elijah ever. Do you want that?"

Aurora clucked her tongue, annoyed that Matteo is always right in these kind of things. "Fine. Let's behave. There's nothing to do here anyway," Aurora grumbled and picked up the magazine of the table. Matteo just shook his head and continued what he was doing.

Devon still couldn't believe that Elijah would accept everything he said just like that. Devon told Elijah all about the family, what he does for a living that could make any man flee, but Elijah listened through it all. What amazed Devon was Elijah's response.

"That's awesome! That's why you like Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Dev," Elijah said with a giggle. "Okay, so Trev is a mafia boss, and you're in the mafia too! That's so cool. I also like your name. Primo. It suits you," Elijah gushed, not realizing that Devon was staring at Elijah in disbelief.

"Sunshine, I do bad things. That's not something... to be amazed about," Devon replied in a tentative tone, still wondering why Elijah was looking at him with so much innocence.

Elijah blinked and gave Devon a confused look. "And? I'm not expecting you to be perfect, Dev. If you are bad, then my adoptive parents and uncles are so much worse," Elijah said with a frown and a pout.

"I understand what you do, and I accept you, Dev. It's not my right to stop whatever you do. I'm here to support you. I will be the shoulder you can lean on when your tired, and I will chase away your doubts and insecurities with my power hug. Like this!" Elijah wrapped his arms around Devon's torso tightly with a giggle, but all Devon sees is a cute rabbit doing its best to give the wolf a bone-crushing hug.

Devon grinned and breathlessly chuckled. What was I afraid of? My sunshine is the best in the world. I will never let him go.

"I love you sunshine. Thank you for accepting me," Devon said in a shaky voice and buried his face on Elijah's neck.

"I love you too, Primo. I'm here. No one will take me away," Elijah assured Devon when the former felt warm tears on his neck.

After that, Devon and Elijah decided to shower in Devon's villa, with Elijah giggling on Devon's shower while Devon was preparing Elijah's clothes.