Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Elijah

On their way back to Devon's house, Elijah asked Devon to stop at the convenience store. From the car window, he could see a medium-sized store filled with so much food that got him drooling, so he requested Devon if they could have a stop-over.

Devon offered him a small smile. Elijah's heartbeat raced again when he was graced by the stoic man's rare smile. Elijah felt that Devon's smile was so expensive which explained the man's poker face, but Devon was smiling at him now.

"Anything you want, sunshine. Have you ever been to a convenience store?"

He shook his head. "I only saw it when I was with Ryzel, but I did not enter. We don't have much money."

Devon blinked a few times before reaching for his hand. "Tell you what; we'll go inside and you can buy anything you want."

He almost squealed when he heard the news. "Really? I can have anything I want?" Devon nodded with a grin, and slowly stroked Elijah's cheeks.

"Why?" Elijah still feels uncomfortable about getting spoiled, but he sees no problem when it's Devon doing it. He feels safe with Devon. He knows that Devon won't hurt him.

"You're my sunshine and my baby. Of course, I'll give you everything," was Devon's reply like it was not a big deal, which earned a giggle from Elijah.

"Thank you, Dev. Can I have another request?" Devon nodded and gave Elijah his full attention.

"Can I change first? My short is uncomfortable. I don't like it," he whined and Devon's face etched with worry.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? You should have told Mina, sunshine. Why did you even go to the club?" Devon reached for the backseat and grabbed some shopping bags.

Elijah felt his cheeks getting warm. "You're there, that's why," he whispered, a bit embarrassed. Devon went still for a few seconds and Elijah's cheeks turned a shade darker when Devon's brow shot up.

Devon hummed in amusement and placed the shopping bags in his lap. "Now that I think about it, you were saying something earlier at the club, sunshine. What was it, hmm?" Devon's teasing tone made Elijah's stomach flip, and his pulse quickening when the man showed him another expression.

Elijah swallowed when Devon continued to stare at him intently. When he remembered the reason why he was at the club in the first place, he gained a newfound confidence.

"Mr. Gray mentioned that you would be at the club, so I pestered Mina to bring me with her. Then I would invite you out for dinner to apologize," he explained, and Devon's brown orbs twinkled in emotion he couldn't read.

"Why would you apologize?" Devon was genuinely curious.

Elijah nibbled his lower lip before looking up to Devon, embarrassed. "Um, I feel like it's my fault that you don't drop by at the bar anymore more."

Devon was surprised. Yes, Elijah was the main reason why he went MIA for almost a week, because he wanted to figure out his feelings, and the boy's haunting blue eyes would not help. "Did you perhaps miss me, sunshine?" Devon teased, earning a soft gasp from Elijah.

Elijah covered his burning cheeks, but nevertheless, nodded in agreement. Devon felt a thrilling rush, causing him to grin shortly. Elijah will be the death of me, Devon thought.

"By the way, Mr. Gray?"

He nodded. "Mr. Gray. He's the one who drives me to work and fetch me after."