Chapter 9

Vote and comment! Mwah!

Chapter 9

"Eli! I'm so sorry! I should've been with you. I'm so sorry!" Mina apologized to Elijah persistently, incredibly guilty for letting Elijah experience such horror. She won't be able to forgive herself if something happened to Elijah.

Elijah shakily placed the glass on the table and shook his head. Mina assisted Elijah to take a seat at one of the tables inside the club, which has been closed for the night because of the incident.

"I'm alright, Mina. Devon came to my rescue. It was scary, but Devon was there. He saved me," Elijah answered with a small smile.

Elijah was still shaken. His mind kept on wondering about what could happen if Devon was not around to rescue him. Elijah's hands trembled and he closed his eyes, trying to block the horrific scene earlier. Even the bad guy's scary voice was causing Elijah to shake in his seat, which alarmed Mina.

Mina cursed internally and glanced around. She saw another agent outside of the club, probably under the orders of their Boss, Devon. She went beside Elijah and pulled the boy closer for a comforting hug.

Even if Elijah did not admit it, that was a very terrifying experience. Mina encountered individuals experiencing panic and anxiety attacks following a traumatic event, and based on Elijah's reactions, something must have happened in the past to get him so rattled like this.

It was disturbing for Mina, and she got scared when she heard heaving gasps and Elijah's body getting colder. Mina immediately pressed her earpiece. "Code Red! Prepare the car! Hurry!"

Mina pushed Elijah for a bit to examine him and Mina felt fear when she saw Elijah's pale face and felt his weakening pulse. With a nervous thump against her ribs, Mina fluidly lifted Elijah and cursed herself inwardly. She was part of Elijah's security. She should have been able to prevent that kind of situation if she stayed by his side.

One of the agents opened the car door and Mina gingerly deposited Elijah on the backseat. She sat beside him and ordered the driver to take them to Trevor's hospital.

"Eli, hang on. Please. Oh my god. Why are you so cold?" Mina was panicking. She leaned over Elijah's chest and heard his heartbeat slowing down by the second. "Hurry! I don't care if you violate any traffic rules! This is an emergency!"

Elijah felt so weak and cold. It feels like he is being dragged somewhere dark, deep, and cold. It feels like he was being pulled into the deepest part of the ocean, drowning, and with no one to hold onto.

It was then that Elijah realized how lonely he truly was. Elijah wanted none other than to have someone who will love him endlessly. Elijah wants someone who will take care of him, protect him, and will treat him preciously.

Elijah was not surprised when Devon's blank face flashed in his mind. There was something about Devon that made Elijah feel safe. Despite the coldness and emptiness in Devon's deep brown eyes, Elijah felt comfort.

At the very least, I found someone I can crush on, Elijah thought giddily, despite his shallow pants and tight chest. Contrary to an outsider's perspective, Elijah knows about love and crushes.

Ryzel made sure that Elijah understands the difference between like and love. Ryzel drilled the topic to the innocent boy until Elijah understood because Ryzel was worried that Elijah would be caught by manipulative freaks. In order to equip Elijah with a fighting chance, Ryzel did what he could.

Now, Elijah is crushing on someone, inside a car with Mina screaming at the driver, as he desperately catches his breath. Feeling a prick on his chest again, Elijah parted his lips for a mouthful of air, but nothing was happening.