Chapter 31

I am writing the next chapter. The next update won't be too long. Also, expect an update on TML in the next few days. I'm feeling inspired (≧▽≦)(≧▽≦)

Chapter 31

The next morning,

"Thank God. Yes, I'll tell him the good news. We'll see you later." Devon ended the call and released a huge sigh of relief. Jesse just called to inform Devon that Blue's condition stabilized and Ryzel is out of death's door too. "My sunshine will surely rejoice at the good news," Devon breathed out and placed his phone on the counter.

Devon set the table and reached for a plateful of omelet, crispy bacon, and two plates of pancakes for one serving. Devon also prepared a bowl of sliced fruit and a glass of fruit tea for Elijah. Elijah needs all the nutrition he can get.

Devon was cleaning up his mess when he heard a soft whimper which instantly transformed into muffled sobs. With wide eyes, Devon cursed silently, removed his apron and wiped his hands, then took large strides to their room, only to find Elijah right outside of the door, the boy's eyes glistening with tears.

Elijah sniffled and lifted his head and was met by Devon's worried gaze. "Sunshine, hey... what's wrong?" Devon fluidly scooped the hiccuping Elijah into his arms and stepped into the room, then sat on the bed. "Baby, why are you crying?"

With tear-filled eyes, Elijah chewed his lips and shook his head, then buried his face on Devon's neck. When Elijah woke up without Devon in sight, fear and anxiety wracked Elijah's being. Those torturous two weeks without Devon began to flash in Elijah's mind and he had to make sure that he's not dreaming.

Before Elijah knew it, he was silently crying. That's the scene Devon arrived at.

"D-Dev. D-don't leave... m-me..." Elijah begged in between his sobs and Devon inhaled sharply when a piercing pain crossed his chest. Devon wrapped his arms around Elijah in a protective embrace and stepped out of the room, blinking away his tears as he clenched his jaw.

Devon sat on the couch and rubbed Elijah's back soothingly. "Never again, sunshine. Never," Devon promised and did his best to soothe the distressed Elijah. Devon whispered sweet nothings and words of assurances until Elijah calmed down. When Elijah finally lifted his head, Devon welcomed Elijah with a warm smile and an affectionate gaze.

"Hey, baby. I was just preparing our breakfast. I will never leave you, okay?" Devon reached for the tissue box and wiped Elijah's tear stains softly.

"R-Really, Dev? Because I don't know if I can still go on if you do. I don't want to go back to a life without you," Elijah mumbled in a pained voice and all Devon could do was welcome each wave of pain. Devon knows that he deserves it for letting Elijah suffer.

"You have my word, sunshine. What do you want to eat? Let us make you feel better, hmm?" Devon suggested and lovingly brushed Elijah's hair and dropped a kiss on the boy's forehead.

"Did you cook for me?" Elijah asked with a sniffle and went back to nuzzle on Devon's neck. Elijah feels better when he feels Devon's warmth. Devon's presence is Elijah's therapy.

Devon smiled and squeezed Elijah playfully. "Of course. I have to make my sunshine happy. Do you want ice cream?"

"Yogurt, please. Then feed me, Dev. I missed spending time with you," Elijah requested, wanting to be spoiled by Devon as much as possible.