Chapter 15

Enjoy!

Chapter 15

Devon's bedroom

"...so stick with us 'cause Phineas and Ferb are gonna do it all. So stick with us 'cause Phineas and Ferb..."

With the bag of snacks in his right and a cooler on his left, Devon leaned against the door frame and with a fond smile, gazed at Elijah who was singing along to the intro of Phineas and Ferb in the middle of Devon's bed, a P&F pillow in between his arms, and with a giggle, bouncing on the bed.

Devon was in the middle of staring at Elijah being lively and animated when the latter glanced towards his direction, a wide smile ready on his face. "Dev! You're just in time! The episode's about to start."

Elijah climbed down the bed, the pillow tucked in his left arm and ran towards Devon, the latter meeting Elijah halfway because Devon realized that Elijah is a bit of a klutz. "Sunshine, don't run or you'll trip," Devon warned Elijah but being the over-energetic boy that he is, Elijah did not obey Devon and tripped, falling forwards. Devon instantly let go of the snacks and smoothly caught Elijah who let out a loud gasp.

"Sunshine..." Devon squinted towards the boy who was holding onto his arms. Devon put the giggling boy down and Elijah looked at him with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, Dev. I won't do it again," Elijah promised with a twinkle of amusement in those blue pools, and Devon knew that instant that he really needed to keep his eye on the boy. Devon heaved a deep sigh and ruffled Elijah's soft hair.

Who wouldn't fall for Elijah's charms? Elijah's arms were around Devon's waist as of the moment, the boy's chin resting on Devon's upper torso, Elijah's puppy eyes blinking so adorably. Of course, Devon would immediately concede.

"Of course, sunshine. Be careful next time, alright? I feel like I couldn't say this enough," Devon admonished but his soft tone gave him away.

Elijah nodded and after giving Devon a tight hug, he picked the bag of snacks and proceeded to the empty couch, placing the bag on top of the coffee table. Devon followed after and placed the cooler beside them and sat on the couch, Elijah following soon after with rosy cheeks. Devon chuckled and rested his hand on Elijah's thigh, the boy had his attention fixed to the widescreen.

Devon reached for the bag and opened a bag of spicy Cheetos, then handed it over to Elijah. "Thank you, Dev," Elijah said with a smile and patted Devon's hand.

"What's this episode about, sunshine?" Devon had Elijah sag against his body while the latter enjoyed the episode. Devon felt so satisfied, just having Elijah on his lap.

"Oh, this is actually one of my favorite episodes. Perry had to leave Phineas and Ferb because he was transferred to another villain, then there's this amazing song about them finding Perry later. I cry every single time." Elijah took a mouthful of Cheetos and hummed in satisfaction as the spicy and cheesy flavor burst in his mouth. After that, another mouthful was offered to Devon.

"Thank you, baby."

"Who's your favorite character, Dev?" They were now at the part where Ferb is making a speech about finding Perry. Elijah likes this scene so much because Ferb is not a talker, so hearing him go on about Perry in the current episode was such a delight.

Devon hummed and glanced at the animation. "I actually like the one in the lab coat. Dr. Doofenshmirtz, right?" Right after Devon's answer, Elijah took a sharp breath and snapped his head towards the man.

"You love Dr. D? Cool! I also like him, even if he is Perry's archnemesis," Elijah added with a soft chuckle. Elijah went on about the characters of the animation, and Devon stared at Elijah in a trance, like everything was in slow motion. With the way Devon was, you can't expect him to give a proper answer when asked about what went on with the episode.