Chapter 23

Does anyone sense a pattern with my fast updates? 😳🤭

Chapter 23

Stefan's Manor
Private Library

Elijah tightened his hold on Devon's hand when the two entered the library. Trevor was there perusing some documents, sporting a very serious expression, but when he happened to glance at Elijah, the mafia boss's expression softened, making Elijah a bit relieved.

Across Trevor were Aurora and a man Elijah presumes as Devon's father. Same deep brown eyes and jet black hair. Oddly enough, even if Devon's father looks intimidating, Elijah was not scared because Aurora was waving at Elijah.

"You're scaring him, Matteo. Look nicer," Aurora said to Matteo and elbowed the brooding husband.

"This is my nice expression, love. You're right, Eli is adorable. Our son is such a lucky jerk," Matteo grumbled and rolled his eyes when Devon glared at him.

Devon squinted his eyes when his father stared at Elijah more than necessary. "Sunshine, are you okay? Don't worry about Dad; that's his usual expression. He's not mad," Devon assured Elijah and used his thumb to rub the boy's hand.

Elijah grinned and nodded, extra-cheerful because Devon was being more thoughtful and kind than usual. "I'm fine, Dev. I'm a bit nervous, though. Don't leave me, okay?"

Devon squeezed Elijah's hand and lifted it to give a tender kiss. "I'm always by your side, baby," Devon said and  Elijah giggled softly, butterflies fluttering in the boy's stomach.

"Okay, break it up, guys. Jesse is busy with his graduation requirements, and I'm missing him very much. I would appreciate it if you guys keep it in your bedroom," Trevor remarked in an amused tone.

Elijah blushed at Trevor's words and immediately hid behind Devon's back, while the latter gave Trevor an unamused look. "Stop teasing my sunshine, Trevor. Let's start the discussion." Devon turned around to face Elijah and leaned in for a whisper.

"Come, sunshine. Stop being so adorable or my parents won't let you go after this," Devon told the boy softly who took a peek at Aurora and Matteo who were staring at Elijah and Devon.

"Why? Because they like me? Or do they hate me? I think it's one of the two, Dev," Elijah mumbled with a pout that got Devon guffawing. Matteo raised his brow curiously and glanced at the mafia boss who just shrugged his shoulders.

That's your son, Trevor mouthed and confirmed to Matteo whose expression was a mix of disbelief and amazement.

"Is that really Primo, Aurora?"

Aurora turned to Matteo with a smile. "That's our son, love. It has been so long, right? Since we heard him laugh like that?"

"That's true. I wouldn't question anyone who says that our son is a rock; unfeeling and indifferent."

"Who would have thought that it only took Elijah to melt that cold and emotionless heart?" Matteo looked at Devon and Elijah who were busy in their own world as the two sat down on the sofa, with Elijah on Devon's lap.

"Come on. The sofa is spacious enough for the two of them, Aurora. Do they really have to--"

Aurora rolled her eyes and pinched his husband's side. "Stop being so overdramatic. Devon knows how to control himself. We won't let him devour Elijah until the boy reached eighteen."