Special Chapter

Devon meets Ryzel

As usual, Devon woke up early, did his routine, and after freshening up, decided to check Elijah in his room. Devon starts to get restless whenever he fails to get a glimpse of his sunshine, an unfathomable emotion Devon did not expect to feel; until he met Elijah, that is.

Elijah's room is only another room away from Devon, and if you ask the older man, he prefers to have Elijah inside his arm, where the boy is within Devon's reach. However, Devon does not want to pressure Elijah. He wants to give the boy some space.

If things go according to his will, Devon would have already confessed to the boy and asked Elijah to marry him, but that would be going too fast. Massaging his temples, Devon sighed deeply, and when he got to Elijah's room, twisted the knob slowly and heaved a sigh of relief when he found the boy softly sleeping.

It was only six-thirty in the morning, and Elijah is usually awake by seven-thirty. Devon sat on the left side of Elijah and softly brushed the boy's hair. A wave of protectiveness washed over Devon as he gazed upon the innocent boy, sleeping like an angel. Elijah was so peaceful that it steeled Devon's resolve to not mar such peacefulness.

Elijah stirred and was roused in his sleep when he felt a warm hand caressing his cheek. Instead of getting alarmed, Elijah leaned into the warmth and sighed pleasantly. "Dev..." He softly mumbled with a small smile, moving closer towards the warmth.

Joy and pride blossomed in Devon's heart when Elijah called him in a sleepy haze. Instead of waking the boy up, Devon planted a kiss on Elijah's forehead and reached for the boy's body pillow. Devon used it as a replacement for his hands. Then, Devon opened the bedside drawer and wrote a note.

"Sleep tight, baby." Devon stepped out of Elijah's room with a heavy heart. As much as he would like to spend the day snuggling with his adorable sunshine, Trevor is here with a guest.

Since Devon decided to officially inherit the Salazar clan, Devon had to take a crash course from Trevor. There are so many things Devon needs to learn, so time should not be wasted. He can't complain. If only Devon was more responsible, he would not be in a difficult position right now. With a deep sigh, Devon climbed downstairs.

Before leaving his villa, Devon activated the security alarm and made sure that the entire estate is secured from intruders. Stefan's mansion is just a few meters away from Devon's villa, so if Elijah wakes up, the latter can easily find Devon. Also, Devon reminded Elijah to call him every morning when he wakes up, especially when Devon is not around. And Elijah complied with Devon's request with so much eagerness.

My obedient and adorable sunshine. Just the thought of Elijah brings a smile to Devon's lips. It does not take more explanation to see how deeply Devon has fallen for his sunshine.

Devon entered Stefan's mansion and found Stefan on his way upstairs. "They are in my office, Dev. I'll go back to my baby. It's still early," Stefan informed his friend when he noticed the latter.

"Then why are you up?" Devon walked towards Stefan who yawned softly.

"I was just checking if the fruit tea I made for Ollie is chilling nicely. Anyways, I'll go ahead," Stefan said sleepily and Devon nodded, then went on his way to the office while Stefan went back to their bedroom.

There are moments when Devon still can't believe that Stefan fell in love. Stefan's not a player, but he's very meticulous when it comes to his partners.