Chapter 29

Dedicated to: Jewelier 1 out of three theories checked out. 😂🤣

This chapter got delayed because I want this update to be detailed as possible. When it comes to emotions, I feel bad just thinking of writing them half-heartedly.

Shout-out to DJSMITH74 skylearalexander mykaangels

Chapter 29

It has been fourteen days since Devon left Elijah. Fourteen days since Elijah cracked a genuine smile. Fourteen nights that Elijah cried to sleep as he clutched for Devon's shirt. Fourteen nights that Elijah has been watching the videos Devon left.

Just like any other day since Devon left, Elijah forced himself to get up as if today will be better than yesterday. He made his bed and a tear fell when he remembered that Devon always give him morning kisses and hugs. Then Devon will fold Elijah's blankets while Elijah will try to help and fail. After that, Elijah will cling to Devon chuckling softly and ruffling Elijah's hair.

"I miss you so much, Dev. It hurts without you." Elijah inhaled sharply, trembling at every breath, as he rubbed his chest to alleviate the pain. Elijah never thought that loving someone could hurt like this, but Elijah never thought of letting go; not even once. "I believe in you, Dev. I'll hold on and wait."

Elijah showered and changed his clothes into a comfortable one, but this time, he wore Devon's shirt. He feels as if Devon is hugging him if he wears the man's shirt. When Elijah looked at the mirror, he was not surprised at his horrible form. He lost weight. Even if Amanda and Robert prepare Elijah meals, Elijah will throw it up, unless it's the cookies made by Devon. Elijah's stomach can tolerate milk and a piece of apple, but other than that, he vomits it all.

Elijah's attention went to the door when he heard a soft knock. When Elijah opened the door, he saw Amanda with a soft smile. "Hey, Eli. I got you cookies and a glass of milk. How's your morning?" Amanda looked behind Elijah and was relieved to find that the room was clean and no suspicious things lying around.

Elijah is a ticking time bomb. A person not in their right mind can do things to their body that could harm them.

Elijah just gave Amanda a sad smile. "I'm getting by, Grammie. Thank you for the cookies." If it was before, Elijah would be jumping in joy at the sight of cookies, but it took all Elijah had to eat. Even if Elijah's having a hard time swallowing foods, Elijah has to try so Amanda and Robert won't get worried.

As usual, Amanda was the one talking while Elijah listened quietly, rarely responding and just staring out of the window. Amanda is running out of topics. Robert and Amanda always invite Elijah for a breath of fresh air inside the estate but Elijah will just look at them with sad eyes and the boy will slowly shake his head, then glue his eyes back to the videos of Devon.

"Eli, the video you recorded was successfully sent to Devon--"

Elijah snapped his head to Amanda and the latter saw how Elijah's blue eyes sparkled at the mention of her grandson's name. Fuck you, Primo. Have mercy on Eli and come back ASAP.

"What did Dev say Grammie? Is he coming back? Did he miss his sunshine? Did he miss me? Will he call me? Is it alright for him to call now?" Elijah threw consecutive questions at Amanda like an excited boy waiting to receive his treat. Just like that, Elijah's lifeless eyes were brought back to life; just a mention of Devon's name could make Elijah react like this.