AU Extra Chapter: The Wolf and the Bunny

Let's enjoy a very cute and full of fluff chapter before things get heavy and intense 😄😁

Just imagine Eli with bunny ears and a tail, and Devon with wolf ears and tail as well. 🤭

Extra Chapter
🐺 I will hop into your heart🐇

Once upon a time, a pure white baby bunny with blue eyes was born. That bunny was named Elijah. Elijah was the youngest in a colony of seven. Elijah was not blessed with motor skills and was dubbed as the klutz in the family. Despite this, Elijah does his best to be of help.

His parents always tell Elijah never to venture deep into the woods because a lot of predators are waiting to eat their prey. Elijah could imagine a big, bad, black wolf with scary eyes and sharp fangs somewhere deep in the forest.

One day, Elijah decided to play in the fields and was distracted by so many butterflies of different colors. They were urging Elijah to play with them.

"So pretty," Elijah giggled and bounced, extremely excited to be able to play again, not knowing that his family was captured by some hunters who happened to pass in the colony's nest. It was nearing dusk when Elijah decided to return home, only to find out that the nest was empty.

"Mom? Dad? Everyone?" Elijah looked around the nest but found no one, except trails of blood that shook his whole being. Trembling and weak in the knees, Elijah gathered himself and pushed himself to run away from the place he called home.

The woods were dark and scary; a contrast to how beautiful the trees and flowers were during the daytime. Gone were the beautiful leaves and fresh breeze. All Elijah could hear were the rustles of the leaves and the howling of the wind.

He was close to fainting, and against his better judgment, he still ventured into the woods because he knew that the hunters will not be brave enough to hunt in the unforgiving woods. Tear-filled and his clothes torn from fallen branches and the many times he tripped over himself, Elijah continued to move his feet.

He did not mind the splinters on his feet, nor the scratches on his arms. All he wanted to do was to escape and find a nice shelter, hoping that a predator will not snap his head first. Just thinking about it made him shiver.

After almost two hours of wandering in the woods, Elijah caught a glimpse of a small hut, and the flickering light from the lamp indicated that someone was home. Dragging his sprained left foot, Elijah kept his tears at bay and slowly walked towards the hut.

Elijah was starving, exhausted, and in pain. His whole body was sore, and he badly needed a place to sleep and some food to eat. He would be grateful for what the person inside could offer to him. Elijah looked at the large door and his heart began to thump nervously.

"You can do this, Elijah. Whatever it is, this is better than being hunted by humans," he convinced himself with a nod and swallowed hard. He raised his right hand, still trembling, and took a deep breath. Gathering enough courage, he knocked three times on the wooden door.

The sound echoed against the eerie silence of the woods. Despite that, Elijah gathered his courage. "H-Hello?" He squeaked out, his throat was hoarse from all that crying earlier. "Is anyone home?" He asked softly and looked left and right to make sure that no one was watching him.

Large footsteps creaked against the floorboards, scaring Elijah even more. Oh no. What if he's the scary wolf? Elijah wanted to run away but he does not have enough energy. He was drained, physically and emotionally. So, when the door opened and Elijah saw two red eyes glaring at him, he dropped to the floor and fainted.