Chapter 7

Thanks for the wait, guys :) Enjoy!

Chapter 7

Stefan's Manor

"Fuck you, Trevor. Where's nonna and nonno? I almost flew here, with my head throbbing and my hand a painful bitch, only to find out that they're not here?" Devon bellowed and glared so hard at Trevor Hathaway, his friend, and one of Stefan's bodyguards.

Trevor arched his brows and flopped on the sofa in the living room. "Stop being a whiny bitch, Dev. Not my fault if you chose to drown your ass in alcohol because of that fucking cheater. I don't want to say this but... I told you so," Trevor added with a smug smirk and if not for Devon afraid of awakening the monster, he would have already bashed Trevor's smirk.

Devon sat down in front of Trevor, a sharp glare still on his friend. He sipped the strong coffee and savored the warmth and bitter taste. Devon was actually hoping that it will help him snap out of his stupidity over his ex. It was only his ego that he broke, but truth be told, it hurt him.

His ex-sub broke him, and now, Devon is dealing with trust issues. "I will never, ever, fall in love with innocent bitches. Over my dead body," Devon gritted out and Trevor was surprised by Devon's declaration.

Trevor did not expect that Devon was truly hurt by Jamie. They had played it off as Devon's ego being stomped, but slowly, Stefan and Trevor can feel it. Even Devon's family can feel it. Devon is slowly retreating into his shell. Trevor doesn't want that. He doesn't want to witness his friend turn into a stone and become a cold motherfúcker because of someone as worthless as Devon's ex.

Stefan called earlier and told Trevor that the former formulated a plan to keep Devon from wasting his life away. In an unexpected turn of events, Elijah, Stefan's newly-hired bartender, turned out to be in the care of Devon's grandparents. Also, someone that Trevor and the others should protect.

Trevor was not able to reply to Devon because the latter got up and walked out. Trevor sighed and pulled his hair. "This is going to be a pain in the ass. Let's just hope that Stefan's persuasive skills are not that rusty," Trevor helplessly whispered and fished out the phone from his pocket. He needed his fiancé. Jesse seems to make everything better.

****

Elijah's Apartment

Softly perched on the plush sofa, Elijah was hugging the life out of the throw pillow, his brows drawn into a confused frown, as he stared at his boss. "You need my help, sir? Can you please explain? Why would you need help from me?"

Stefan understands the confusion. He was basically throwing things at Elijah, knowing that the boy will have a hard time understanding it. Stefan cleared his throat and loosened his tie. "Have you seen the mansion beside yours?"

Elijah nodded. He wants to correct his boss that technically, this house is not his, but he prefers to listen to his boss. If there is one thing Elijah abides from all the stuff he learned from Ryzel, it was to listen to other people's sides before arriving at a conclusion. According to Ryzel, miscommunication is the root of any problem. As humans, we are already different from each other. If we fail to communicate, it will lead to misunderstandings and unnecessary fights.

Stefan sighed and offered Elijah a warm smile. Elijah felt relieved and comfortable because of that, so he relaxed in his seat and slowly released the throw pillow from his tight hold. "You see, Elijah, I have a friend. He's very important to me."

Elijah's attention was captured. "You do? I also have one too! His name is Ryzel Thompson, but I don't know where he is right now," Elijah said with a sad tone and his little fingers dug on the soft fabric of the pillow. "Actually, I applied for a job because I want to find him. Maybe, the police are not helping me find Ryzel because I have no money," Elijah added in a whisper and failed to hide the crack in his voice.