Chapter 26

If some of you still don't know, I changed the title and cover for Blue and Ryzel's story. Check the image below. The introduction has been posted and I appreciate it if you share your thoughts. 😊🤗❤️

Shoutout to @CrazyBookLover932 for creating a reading list solely for my stories

Shoutout to @CrazyBookLover932 for creating a reading list solely for my stories. Don't you know how sweet that is? Thank you!!!  😊🤗❤️

Chapter 26

On the way to Romania
Aboard the Salazar's aircraft

"Hey, Boss," Ryzel greeted Trevor back at the HQ. They were having a last-minute discussion about the extraction plan because Ryzel did not give a heads-up to Trevor. Trevor just gave Ryzel a blank stare; clearly not on board with the sudden plan.

"You acted without my permission, Ryzel. What the fuck are you doing?" Trevor's voice was calm, but the sharp glare and that furious expression were very evident. Ryzel swallowed hard and took a deep breath. Trevor is very disappointed with Ryzel. Trevor at least expects that Ryzel would stay rational if a situation like this arises, but Ryzel let his emotions get the best of him.

Ryzel is aware that he's not thinking things through, but this is their best chance to save Lexus. "Boss, I can explain. I know that I did not think this through but--"

"Of course you did not think things through, Ryzel! Raymond Harris is not someone you can defeat by deploying agents haphazardly! This could be a trap! What are you thinking? I never expected a reckless action coming from you. I'm so disappointed in you, Ryzel," Trevor ran his hand over his face in dismay and flopped on his seat. Amanda was observing throughout the tense exchange.

Ryzel was able to deploy men and resources just like that because Trevor gave Ryzel such power. It was a one-time thing, and such authority is a testament of Trevor's trust in Ryzel's sound judgment, but the current situation is the opposite of that.

Trevor and Amanda are back in the HQ, with Jin and Yohan monitoring the entire situation in Romania. Several soldiers of the family were also deployed to survey the area for a possible ambush.

"I'm so sorry, Boss, but I can't let that asshole capture Lexus again. Now that Lexus is fully conscious, Raymond will push through with his plan and that would mean greater danger for carriers if that fucker succeeded. Please understand me, Boss. I didn't mean to betray your trust," Ryzel begged, but Trevor's hard and dark expression remained.

Ryzel's stomach dropped. It was so hard on Ryzel's part to see his boss's trust crumbling because of his unsound plan. Ryzel then glanced at Amanda who just released a deep sigh. "What you did is very reckless, as Trevor said. If Raymond considers Lexus as a great asset, then he wouldn't let him go just like that. What if it's indeed a trap? Lives will be wasted, Ryzel. Are you ready to face the families of your fallen comrades if the worst-case scenario materializes?"