Us above all

Hey guys!
BCCI has managed to piss me off so much that I wrote this update in like half an hour completely!

As much as I am happy for Rohit but Virat deserved a better step down. Rohit deserved a better welcome.

Somehow I love how MI and RCB know the worth of their star players. I wish BCCI could do the same.

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

Virat wasn't present for the Ind vs Nz T20 matches while Rohit was tested for the test match. Those were a awkward few days for Virat especially, stepping down from T20 captaincy, AB retiring and above that he hadn't even gotten a chance to talk to his best friend.

Somehow Rohit and Virat not only hadn't met after the T20 WC but also not talked properly ever since owing to some reason or other.

They met for the first time when they all gathered for the SA tour.

They had team meetings in which Rohit and Virat participated equally with dynamics being a little different this time.

Rohit ferociously avoided meeting Virat's eye or even talking to him one on one as if he had commited some crime.

Rohit for once had woken up on time and was there for the breakfast on time. It was one of those rare days when the team ate quitely and in different groups.

Rohit had stuck to Jaddu all this while.
Jaddu- You know there was nothing you could do right?

Ro- Hmm.

Jaddu had given up on trying to explain ro while all he was going to do was hmm.

Rohit had knocked on jaddu's door in the night. Jaddu was his saviour, somehow he was always there for him whenever he needed someone. They didn't gloat about their bond neither was it a very famous one but they knew that it was special.

It wasn't difficult for the team to notice the palpitable tension so thick that it could be cut with a knife. But they knew better than to disturb it.

Virat wasn't blind, he could see what was happening but he just didn't know how to end it.

He had felt bad that BCCI had suddenly removed him from the odi captaincy and hence he was staying aloof. It had nothing to do with who the captaincy went to, it was purely about how it ended.

Infact he was happy it went to Rohit because who else deserved it more than the Hitman of the country?

Rohit thought that Virat was angry on him that he was the captain now. He thought Virat wouldn't even want to talk to him for the time being. What if this affected their friendship in long term?

During dinner the team had no choice but to sit together and eat like always. They was chit chatting on the table credit to Shreyas, Rishab, deepak and shardul.

Rishab- Hum itna chup kyu hai?
He asked not knowing what else to say.

Ashwin shushed him immediately and everyone got back to eating as if nothing happened.

By the end Rohit had tears in his eyes as they left.

He directly went go the terrace to catch some fresh air.

He couldn't believe that he wasn't physically able to be happy for his captaincy, all he could think about was did he lose Virat? Did he lose his most precious bond that cricket gave him?

He slumped down on the railing as he barely stood straight, his head barried down in his hand facing the beautiful view which he hadn't even given a glance.

Meanwhile, Virat was in his room thinking, was the team so awkward because they didn't know how to congratulate Ro in front of me?
Or did they have the congratulation party avoiding me?