Prolouge

It was a typical day in the colonies. Massachusetts was playing five figure filet, Rhode Island was asking New York to measure her again and see if she'd grown, Virginia was in a intense game of chess against New Hampshire, and Delaware was unsuccessfully trying to wake up Connecticut who was still asleep. But two states where missing.

"Come on South, Connecticut was just joking." North Carolina said as he walked at a matched pace with his southern twin across a open field wet with morning dew. "So, just to be clear, you promise that snow isn't real?" South asked suspiciously. Of course, North was lying through his teeth, but for the sake of the smaller state's peace of mind, he decided it was worth it. Before he could answer, he heard rustling in the bushes.
South jumped a bit at the noise, "It's snow, I knew it was real!" North just ignored the comment and slowly approached the bush.

Even though he hadn't looked behind him, he heard footsteps letting him know she was following his lead toward the bush. He reached down to his hilt he kept on his belt and laid a hand on his survivalist knife before he quickly moved the branches aside so as to surprise whatever, or whoever, was behind it.
At first he didn't see anything, then he lowered his gaze and saw someone on the ground surrounded by peach cores. As the figure turned around, North realized who this really was, but before he could say anything, south beat him to it. "A new state?"

To say this was unexpected was an understatement. That didn't mean it was an unwelcome surprise though, in fact it was quite the opposite. He always wished they're were more states around, even though he liked each of his siblings, he just wished they're were more of them. The young state just looked at the twins in puzzlement, so North decided to say something first. "Uhhh, hey there little guy. My name's North Carolina, and this," he pointed toward South, "is South Carolina, but people usually just call us North and South." He said slowly, trying to make sure that the new state understood. South decided to make sure he could, "Does what we're saying make sense to you," The peach loving state just nodded in response.

"Can you tell us your name?" She asked. The state just moved his mouth, as if he was trying to figure out how to talk. Finally, after a long pause, he got out a single strained word, "Geo-rg-ia."
North offered him his hand to help him stand up. "Well Georgia, looks like we're brothers. Do you wanna go meet your other siblings?" He was sure to keep his words slow, just in case. Georgia took the arm eagerly with one hand, while the other held one of his peaches.

30 Minutes Later

The walk home went surprisingly well, with the twins trying to make conversation with their new brother, and Georgia keeping a good pace with them. When they finally got home, North turned towards Georgia. "This is our home." He gestured with his arm to a decently sized log cabin. "It's small now, but you just wait, one day it'll be a mansion!" South said.

"South, I keep telling you, call it a manor. It sounds more educated." The states on the doorstep jump a little from surprise, turning to see Virginia standing in the doorway. He gestured at Georgia, "New state?" He asked nonchalantly in his his rich voice. Georgia walked to him with the twins as North nodded, "Found em out in the woods, eating peaches in a bush."

Virginia crouched down to be eye level with the peach state, "Hello there, I'm Virginia. I'm the oldest one out of this lot," he said, nodding towards the twins.

Virginia extended his hand to Georgia to shake. He only looked at it for a second before pulling a peach out of a back pocket and putting it in his hand. "Well, you need to be taught some educate, but I a appreciate the sentiment." He let out a chuckle at the end of his sentence.

"Come on, lets introduce him the others." South said. Virginia led the others into the cabin, revealing a room with the other states enjoying they're late Sunday morning. Massachusetts was the first to notice them, "Well look what we've got here," he said, getting the other states attention. "Folks, meet Georgia, our thirteenth state.

Connecticut came over to Georgia first, " Hey there, name's Connecticut, but just call me CT. I handle most of the hunting round here."

New York was next up was New York, "How ya doing? You can call me New York or York, whatever you prefer. I handle most of the trading here, so if you ever need something, I can probably find someone was has it."

"Yeah, if your willing to give him your left kidney!" North yells. "I was a business man doing business things." York says with a shrug. Georgia turned around to see another state, a bit smaller then him, "I'm Rhode, Rhode Island. I handle most of the fishing around here."

Another state looked down at him, "Massachusetts. If you need something dead, let me know."

The state next to him sighed, "Wait to show off your shining personality." She turned towards the Georgia, "I'm New Hampshire, or Hampshire, up to you. Ignore Mass over there, he's just not much of a people person. Anyway, I'm not a one trick pony, I make whatever we need and New York can't buy."

Another state in the corner of the room nodded at the peach state, "I'm Delaware, and what Shire here forgot to mention is we both work in a workshop making stuff York can't buy. Except the stuff I make is better, so if you need something, don't be afraid to ask."

"Ame is out right now, but he's essentially our father. If we have a major decision, it goes through him first." Virginia said as Connecticut pulled out a little book and a pencil. "What are you writing?" Georgia asked as he pointed to her. "That's just her Diar-" Delaware started before getting an elbow to the ribs, "He means journal. Its my journal. I use it record what happens day to day."

As Georgia looked from state state he thought he was happy with his family, and nothing could ruin this.

Yep, nothing will ruin this. Hey, the author here, just wanna give some info about this book.

First off, huuuugggge thank you and shout out to Lemonpoprose for the cover, they were kind enough to let me use it for my book. They do some great art and wrote some pretty good stories, so if your interested go check em out.

Anyway, moving on. Here's how I decided to do this book. Unless something changes I'll post every week on Wednesday, but I don't have a specific time so I'd probably just recommend checking on Thursdays instead. Every 5 chapters I'll give a progress update, info on the story cut content, ect.

Lastly and not leastly, I'm not a good writer, so if you've got feedback, or a request, go ahead and leave a comment.