She doesn't mean it!

Vihaan Roy

I just kept on shifting my eyes towards my phone while I was working.

I was hella anxious on how was she going to react to it.
There is one thing that I am very sure of and that is
She is going to kill me!

The moment she knows what have I done. She is going to definitely take a knife and slash my neck.

God! Save me this one time.
I swear I won't do any disaster after this.

There was a knock on my cabin door and I said "come in."

Ranvir walked in with the file I asked him to get.
"Have you checked it? If I find any mistakes I'll make sure you regret them." I said while glaring at him.

He just nodded and my phone started ringing.

Navya.

My hand was literally shaking while I was forwarding it towards the phone.

"Sir, are you fine?" Ranvir asked frowning.

"Leave." I said to him and he quickly scurried away.
Answering the call, I put it on speaker because my hands didn't have the energy.

"Where are you?" She literally barked on the call.

"In my office." I said and I am surprised how I managed to say it nonchalantly while I was hell nervous over here.

"I hope you know that you have called for your death sentence." She said dangerously and I sat there with wide eyes.

Could she really kill me?

Flashback

I sat on the couch massaging my temples when mom kept a glass of water before me.

I am fucking frustrated with this!

"What is troubling you?" Dad asked and I looked at him with tired eyes.

"Today Navya went out with her 17th date. Her dad has decided it seems that he won't back down." I said irritated and Dad chuckled.

"It seems funny to you?" I asked and he asked,
"Do you love her?"

"Obviously, is that even a question." I said in a duh tone.

"Why don't you propose your alliance for her?" He asked and I looked at him wide eyed.

"Navya doesn't want to get married not to me, not to anyone. And If I do it I am sure she will kill me first and then ask me my reasons." I said rolling my eyes.

"Then it is upto you to decide what is your priority. Her or your life." He said chuckling.

"Dad, don't joke about it." I almost whined.

"I am not joking. Should I do the honours?" He asked and I just nodded in a no.

"See, Vihaan. If you don't do anything right now her dad is probably going to get her married forcefully to someone and then the only thing you would be able to do would be throwing flowers at her wedding. You decide what do you want. Seeing her getting married to someone or make her yours and let her hate you." He said and obviously my choice included making her mine.