Sadu Roy!

Navya Agnihotri

I was working on a few designs when my phone started ringing.

"Hello." I picked up without looking at the caller Id.

"Navya." I heard my dad's voice and I stopped working.

"Dad." I answered shocked.
Like it is in any middle class family, even mine and my father's relationship is strained.
Because, we never have converstaions. He just calls me if mom tells him that I am not well or anything serious.

"You're mom told me about you working in Vihaan's company." Dad said and I slapped my forhead.

Mom couldn't shut her mouth!

"Yess dad." I answered.

"What do you think about getting back with him? Mom said you left him and not the other way round." He said and I sighed.

"I wasn't happy dad." I answered and I could imagine him rolling his eyes.

"He saw future with you and you weren't happy? What do you want? To enjoy with someone who doesn't want to make you his wife?" Dad said in a calm tone.

"That's not my point, dad." I said.

"You're point is wrong. Now a days very few people actually want to take their relationship further. He didn't give you time that was it. He is a man. He has responsibilties, you should understand him." He said.

"I tried to understand him, dad. But he failed me everytime." I said.

"He is a man. He can you can't because the woman is always responsible for holding on. You left him it is your loss and not his because you won't find a partner like him." Dad said.

"What do you mean by I can't find a partner like him?" I asked irritated.

"A person who can give you stability. You need a man to complete you. You can't leave with these silly reasons." He said.

"I am sorry, but I can't get married to someone who can't make me happy." I said and hung up.

I held my temple in my hands.

Why does everyone say the same thing?

Even, Niya was trying to make me understand the other day how we should give each other another chance because maybe he has realised his mistake.

"Ta-da. Look who is here?" Nivedita Aunty said entering my cabin.

I smiled looking at her.
"How come you're here today?" I asked getting up from my seat and hugging her.

"I came with Raghav. He had to meet Vihaan regarding some deal. So, I thought I'll meet you by the time they talk business." She said and sat on a seat.

Raghav Roy is Vihaan's dad.
"You seem a bit off." She said and I looked at her smiling.

"Naah, everything is fine." I said trying to smile normally.

"You know you can talk to me right?" She asked and I sighed.

I really need someone to talk!

"I am just fed up of people telling me what to do." I said.

"What happened?" She asked squeezing my hand.

"Why is always a woman asked to hold onto things? Why not a man? Why not teach them to treasure us? Why not tell them how important a woman is in man's life?" I asked irritated.