It was high time now!

Vihaan Roy

"I am soo excited for tomorrow's party uncle!" Mayank said excited while we were all seated in my parents house for discussing tomorrow's party preparations.

"Are you getting a date tomorrow or not?" Mom asked teasing me and I just scoffed.

"Date & me?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"You are going to turn 29 in 6 months you know. But I don't see any fiance to whom you would get married to." Mom teased me while looking around acting as if she is searching for someone.

This drama queen of mine.

"I need a break, mom. I've had enough of giving explanations and disappointing her everytime. I need to be alone for a few months." I said.

Maybe then I would have my head straight and will follow my plan.

"Someone's 'I am not ready' is always another man's 'she is what I want.' Speaking out of experience kiddo." Dad said patting my shoulder.

Why is everyone trying to explain me the same thing?

"Okay.. now I am sleepy. Can I sleep? We have a busy day tomorrow." I said getting up.

"Yupp! Niya you've called Navi right? Tell her I would be pissed if she misses the party because of a specific someone." Mom said looking at me and I just left rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, mom. Don't worry. She's coming." Niya said and we retired for our rooms.

I just laid down on my bed staring at the ceiling.

Why am I so confused?
I should be clear on my ground.
I am choosing my peace and not her.

Yesss!
I won't let her get into my mind.
I thought and the scene passed in front of my eyes where I just moved away for a second to attend a call and Rishi already had her in his arms.

I just shook my thoughts and slept.

Arrghh!
Just stop thinking about her!

I don't know why I couldn't get the scene out of my mind.
I mean for someone it would be really absurd that I am thinking about such a small thing.

I just didn't like the fact she went away with him while she was talking to me just a second before.

Decide on one thing!
My conscience mocked.

I can't do that!
That's the whole problem.

I don't know if I should ask her so that we can get back together or let her be.
But again if we get back together it is going to be the same again.

Phewwww!
Just sleep!
.
.
.
"I just hate these parties!" I whispered to Niya and she just laughed.

The party has just started and the guests started coming. All the office employees are also been invited.

"What are you laughing about? This is just waste of time. Socializing & fake smiling." I said rolling my eyes.

"Vihaan, you're so disinterested in everything. Atleast act like you're interested." She said glaring at me.

"Don't worry. Let Navi arrive and then see how interested he will be in the party." Mayank said.

"Yesss! She is coming hand in hand with someone. So, you have to get ready to see something you're not ready to." Raj said mocking me.

"Why is every conversatio— I stopped talking midway when my eyes landed on her.