Just what I wanted!

Navya Agnihotri

I was working in my office when suddenly the door opens and my dad barges in.
"Dad?" I asked confused and Mom stepped in behind him.

"We wanted to meet you." He said sitting on the chair before my table.

"I thought I told you that I'll be coming this weekend." I said frowning.

It is really strange that Dad has travelled all the way to meet me!

There is definitely something serious.

"I couldn't wait for that after seeing a few articles." He said and I looked at him confused.

"What articles?" I asked.

"Articles that said a fresher like you definitely gave a fantastic fashion show." He said and I still looked at him frowning.

I know that he definitely didn't come here to congratulate me.

I just looked at mom and she gave me a sympathetic look.

What does this even mean?

"I told you on call that it's high time that you get married." He said and I looked at him shocked.

"Dad, why are you so eager to get me married?" I asked irritated.

"I just turned 24 yesterday! Why are you so eager?" I said.

"Because, I sent you here on this condition only that you would listen to me. You said you wanted to opt for fashion designing I let you, you said you wanted to get settled before getting married, you said you had a boyfriend I was fine with that too. But now you don't have one and I have several reasons to tell you to get married." He said sitting over there calmly.

He always talks this calmly, he never shouts but also gets his work done.

"Yess you have several reasons but I have only one and that is that I don't want to get married. And that is enough of a reason." I almost yelled.

"You know very well that you raising your voice is not going to help. I read various articles, so seems like you are settled really well. Why not get married?" He asked raising his brows and I sighed.

"Because, I don't want to!" I yelled.

"Don't yell. Won't help. I have arranged a date for you for today evening. Meet him and try to know him. He is my friend's son so you can't give me reasons. You have to get married." He said stery.

"I won't." I said stubbornly.

"Do you still want to have a family?" He asked and I looked at him absolutely shocked.

"I never knew you could go to this extent to get me married. I am not even a burden." I said with a dry chuckle.

"Text me the address. I'll make sure he rejects me." I said smirking.

Just then my cabin door opened and Vihaan stepped in.
"Did you have you— he stopped midsentence seeing my mom & dad.

"Is he the reason?" My dad asked and I looked at Vihaan who looked confused.

Definitely, he is!

"No. It has nothing to do with him." I said.

"Great then. Nothing should be holding you back." He said glaring at Vihaan and left with mom.

I sat down on the chair with a tired expression.

My life's drama doesn't end, ever!

"Why was your Dad here?" He asked coming and standing beside me.