I need your time.

Navya Agnihotri

I was having brunch with Niya in a restaurant when she asked me
"How is it going with Vihaan?"

"It's going good." I said with a small smile.

"Navya, you know he is diffrent. He doesn't— she started but I cut her off.

"I know Niya. I know. And I've made peace with the fact that his work is his no.1 priority. I am not complaining." I said smiling.

Well, I'm not!

I'm happy I get to see him everyday with me, I get to sit with him atleast for a meal once a day, I'm just happy that he's mine.

Maybe, someday he would realise that personal life comes before work.

"You're not happy." She said.

"I am. It's just been 2 years. I'm sure he'll realise some day that he needs to focus on him and his dear ones too." I said sighing.

She just gave a light squeeze to my hand and I smiled not wanting to show her my disappointment.

Just then her phone ringed and Akshit bhai was calling her. A smile broke on her face.

How lucky!

She talked to him for a while, all the time smiling and then hung up.
"He's just soo obsessed with me!" She said chuckling with blush crept on her cheeks.

"You're lucky he is." I said softly while playing with my pasta.

Guess, I am not that lucky.

"Damn lucky." She said smiling.

After our brunch we left for our respective places.

I thought of making Vihaan's favourite food for dinner. Today is a weekend and still this workaholic boyfriend of mine decides to work.

What to do with him?

Talking about him, I've passed out from the fashion institute he owns. That is where we first met. I had a major crush on him.

Still have!

Flashback

I was walking in the corridor with Niya when suddenly there was too much noise going on and everyone gathered.
We walked towards the crowd to see what is the matter when a guy got out of his car as if he is here for some photoshoot.

Lord!
How come you make such handsome men?

He removed his sunglasses and started walking towards the college.

I was literally going to fall seeing him.

After that day, I never missed a single chance of seeing him whenever he was in the college.

Niya said I was obssesed with him
Which I was!

He is a piece of art!

The way he talks, the way he removes his sunglasses, the way he folds his sleeves.

Gosh!
I've gone crazy.

The next day Niya met her boyfriend Akshit who is apparently Vihaan's younger brother.
That was the day he got to know about my existence.

Flashback Ends

Since the day, there is no going back. We knew we both were attracted to each other. We used to talk and then when I passed from the institute I asked him to actually be my boyfriend.

Yess! It was me.

Ofcourse, he agreed. I knew he was never the guy who would give me flowers and say romantic things to me.

But I am happy with what I got.

His smiles were my rewards.

I know, he is very closed off and very focused on work but I just fell for him. I have no reason for it.

Not because he looks good, he has money. But because I know that he wasn't like those people who wanted temporary things with me. He was from those who once when commits to you would never let you go.

He got extremely busy in these 6 months. Before this we would have a movie night or little dates here & there whenever he was free.

I got out of my Vihaan land when my phone started ringing.
And it was him.

A huge smile broke on my face.

"Vihaan— i started but he cut me off.

"Where are you? You're not home?" He asked and I smile again.

This is what I said.
He cares even if he doesn't show.

"I'll be there in 10." I said and he hung up.

When I got home, I saw him typing something furiously on his laptop.

Arrghhh!
I'll throw that laptop someday!

"Vihaan!" I said walking towards him and he looked at me with tired eyes.
I was going to whine about how he is always working but then I saw how tired he was. I sighed and walked behind him as he was sitting on the couch.

"You should rest a bit." I said and started massaging his hair from behind. He sighed and rested his head on the couch's headrest.

"I can't. We have an important show tomorrow." He said with closed eyes.

"You should divide all the work rather than taking it all on your shoulders." I said still massaging his head. He took my palms in his hand and kissed it.

"I'll work for a bit and then rest." He said and I walked towards my room to get changed.

When I walked in my room, I saw a gift kept on my bed.
I squealed at the sight of it. When I opened it, it was a beautiful diamond bracelet.

It was a simple bracelet with flowers on it.

I smiled caressing it.

When will you realise that I don't need this.
I need your time.

I took the bracelet with me towards the living room.
"Vihaan." I called him and he turned around.

I slipped my hands around his neck from behind and kissed his cheek.
"Thank you. But I would prefer if you make me wear it." I said with a smile and he smiled at me.

He patted the space beside him on the couch and I smiled while sitting beside him.

He took the bracelet and was going to make wear it when his phone rang.
I looked at him and he looked at his phone.
"I am— he started but I got up from the couch and got into my room.

Sorry!
That is what he was going to say.
I've got used to hearing it now.

Are you ever going to change?