I am just a part of his plan!

Navya Agnihotri

I was working on a few designs when mom called me,
"Mom, how are you?" I asked smiling.

"I'm good beta, how are you? Are you eating on time? And is that Vihaan guy treating you good?" Mom started with her questions.

I just chuckled and said
"I am good. Yess, I am eating on time and that Vihaan guy is treating me good."

Mom knows about us being in a relationship but she doesn't know that we live together. My family is in another state while we are in Mumbai.

"Mom, I wanted to ask you something." I said.
"Yeah.. ask." She said.

"Uhh.. mom. It is been 25 years that you and dad have been married. Is dad ever busy soo much that he couldn't even have one meal while talking to you or paying attention to you?" I asked.

"No. I know that we aren't too rich and your dad doesn't handle a too succesful business but I know one thing and that is we always make time for the people we want to cherish you." Mom said.

"Okay mom. Thanks. I'll talk to you later." I said hanging up.

We always make time for the people we want to cherish.

Does this mean he doesn't want to cherish me?

We've never confessed any undying love for each other because I thought it was never necessary and that he feels more than he shows.

But am I wrong?

If he isn't prioritising me, does this relationship make any sense?

Okay! Don't think too much.

Tomorrow is his birthday. I'll celebrate his birthday and try and talk to him on this.

I came early from work today because I had to bake a cake.

I prepared everything for preparing the cake and called Vihaan.

Obviously he didn't answer my call.
I called him again and he answered,
"Navya— he started but I started blabbering.

"Before you scold me, I just wanted to tell you to come home today. You're not staying the night at office today. It's your birthday." I said in one breath and he just chuckled.

"Okay." He said and hung up.

Let's get started!

Rubbing my hands I started with the cake. He isn't a fan of choclates, so I decided on a blueberry cake.

It was almost 8 p.m. when I was done with the cake and it looked beautiful.
I was also done with the dinner.

I went to my room to freshen up. I sat down to watch T.V. while waiting for Vihaan.

I hope he comes!

When the clock striked 11:00p.m. and he wasn't home yet, I knew he forgot.

I sighed frustratedly.

I called him but no use it was switched off.

For once, Vihaan!
You could've been on time.

I decided to call his friend so that he could atleast put some sense in him.

I called Raj.
Raj Singhania

He is friends with Vihaan since 11 years. There is one more goofy person in their friend circle, Mayank Sharma.

"Navya, is everything alright? You've called this late." He said worried.

"Oh no! I am absolutely fine. Actually, I just wanted you to check on Vihaan. It is his birthday and he is not home yet." I said and sighed.

"He doesn't deserve you. That bastard. I'll go to him right now. Do one thing, come to his office by 12. If he is not ready to
Come home we could go to him." He said and I smiled at his idea.

Agreeing to him I hung up.

I got up in a very jovial mood and packed the cake in a box.
I put on a red dress and let my hair open.
Getting his gift I got down and took the cake.

Getting into the car I started driving towards his office.

I hope he likes the cake & the gift.

I entered his office with a smile on my face and was going to open his cabin door when I heard his voice,
"Why are you irritating me?"
He asked.

"I am not irritating you. I just want to know where the hell does Navya stand in your life? Don't give me work bullshit because everyone of us owns a succesful business." Raj yelled.

What is going on?

"What is your problem, dude?" Vihaan asked irritation was clear in his voice.

"My problem is that you don't treat her like she deserves to be treated." Raj said.

" You know I am not the person who is too lovey dovey. I have all my life planned before me. I planned on taking over this company when I was 25, getting married at 29 and having kids after 2 years." He said and I stood there confused.

"So, Navya is a part of this plan? And not your girlfriend?" Raj asked.

"Yess.. she is my girlfriend but what do you expect from me? Obviously she is my girlfriend because I planned on getting married by 29." Vihaan said.

"She is the girl I wanted because she doesn't complain about stuff. But she is irritating at times. I mean who calls 10 times a day when I am going to get back at her at home?" Vihaan said.

"Because she cares about you." I heard Mayank say.

"Did I ask her to? Have I gave her false hopes? She knows how am I. She knows that I am not going to change." Vihaan said.

And I tried to control my tears.

I am just a part of his plan!

"Correction. She thinks you might realise some day and give her the importance she deserves." I heard Niya's voice.

"You don't love her?" Akshit asked very calmly.

"Love? That doesn't come in my plan. We were attracted to each other. We are compatible. I like her. That's it." Vihaan said and tears rolled down my cheeks.

That's it?

Before I could hear anything from his mouth I opened his cabin door and everyone looked at me shocked.

"Navya— Niya started but I showed her my palm and gestured her to stop talking while I was looking at Vihaan.

He looked at me wide eyed.