♡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴅ (ᴘᴛ. ᴛᴡᴏ) ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

as much as i wanted to keep this story as only one part, it's hard to write a replaced MC one shot in one go because there's just so much to cover, y'know? so hopefully that's ok :)

**[NOTE] (O/N) = other name of the person who's supposedly replacing MC

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

They take their place in the seat directly in front of you and toss you a smile that's meant to be friendly but it comes off more as insincere than anything else. You don't know how no one else is realising this so you figure that you're overthinking the whole situation and return a kind smile back to (O/N).

Dinner starts at last and a wide grin lights up on Beel's face as he finally gets the chance to dig into the freshly cooked roast that's been sitting on the table and teasing him this whole time. As everyone else begins to eat, you also grab your fair share of the food in front and clean your plate. Sooner than expected, thanks to the Avatar of Gluttony, dinner ends as quickly as it had begun.

(O/N)'s the last to finish but everyone still patiently waits to gather their plate and utensils, and place it in the sink for them. Somehow, this new exchange student has managed to wrap seven powerful demons around their finger and get them acting like dogs desperate to please their master.

At this point, you've only got an upper hand over (O/N) because you've formed a pact with every single one of the brothers. But even that current brag of yours won't last long, especially with the route (O/N)'s taking. It wouldn't even surprise you right now if they announced they had already formed at least one pact with someone in the room.

As their plate is cleared away, they flash a smile that you've only seen them give to the brothers and the demon prince. "Thank you so much, all of you, for having me over. I was a little nervous about coming, to be honest," they laugh, trying to make the conversation sound more casual.

"Why would you be nervous?" Beel questions with the smallest sense of guilt. "Did we do something wrong?"

"(O/N), you need only tell and we'll change anything that makes you even the slightest bit uncomfortable," Lucifer reassures, his hand on the table and slowly inching towards theirs in attempt to hold them.

Noticing his reaching hands, (O/N) takes action and places their hand on his, locking fingers tightly with the Avatar of Pride. "Oh, it's not any of you brothers, don't worry. You all treat me wonderfully, and I appreciate that. Actually, the reason I was nervous was because of (MC)."

All heads turn to you once your name is spoken.

You raise a brow, "Me? How come?"

"Well, at first I got the sense that you really hated me. You always gave me this nasty glare whenever we passed each other and we even bumped shoulders a few times but you never apologised, so I had to," they recount scenarios conjured up from their imagination. "I'm happy to hear that I was wrong though, it's so relieving to know you and I aren't getting off on the wrong foot."

Levi's lips twist into a worried frown, "(MC)? You never told us that?"

"Because there was nothing to tell," you claim. "I didn't do anything like that."

"It's not (MC)'s fault, I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding," (O/N) adopts a false sense of sympathy suddenly.

"You can't be too kind, (O/N). Let's hear (MC)'s version of this for a minute," Satan tries to reason.

"It never happened, that's my version of it. I've never gotten to properly interact with (O/N) until now." Your explanations don't seem to be getting through to the brothers, so you stand and take your leave. "Nevermind, I'll be outside if you need me. You can let (O/N) tell you the rest of it."