Chapter 19

In Uzu

Everybody here had become genin at least one year ago and the teams were.

Team - 1 - Naruto and Hinata under Itachi.

Team - 2 - Gaara, Kankuro nd Temari under Izumi.

Team - 3 - Haku and Fuu under Zabuza.

But right now Naruto, Haku and Gaara were called in the Uzukage's office. When they reached their they found Zabuza already present there.

I had given a special assassination mission to Zabuza and he has recommended you 3 on your assassination skills. If any one of you want to retreat tell me now because I don't want anybody's life to be in danger because one of you couldn't kill. Said Uzukage.

He was only met by silence.

I see so you all are ready. So one of our tracking team told us about the current situation in the land of waves.

So your mission is to kill Gato and all his followers. Free any woman or hostages and give all the money to the villagers and bring 8% of the total money to our village as our fees. And your leader will be Zabazu for this mission. Any doubts?

No sir. Replied all 3.

We will be taking our leave, Lord Uzukage.

With Konoha Ninjas

Team 7 was given the mission to guard the bridge builder Tazuna but and they encountered the Demon Brothers of the Mist who were defeated by Kakashi. And after knowing the truth about the mission. Kakashi called for backup.

Team 10 with Asuma as the Jounin sensei came as a backup. After which they continued the mission and encountered the assassin hired by Gato who was a experienced Ninja from the Bingo Book. The leaf shinobi were able to defeat him but before they killed him a hunter nin appeared and put him in a death like state and took him which they now think as his ally and thats why they are staying at bridge builder Tazuna's house to train for some time and kill them.

Meanwhile the Uzu Ninjas also reached the land of waves for their mission.

After doing the training of the day Shikamaru found an open isolated area to watch clouds. At that time Naruto was also present there after planning strategies of killing Gato and his Team to see the area when he saw Shikamaru.

Umm pony tail, watching clouds and same age as me. No way , he couldn't be him. But I am sure he is. Its better to talk to him.

Naruto walks near Shikamaru and asks him.

Hey are you Shikamaru Nara?

Yeah I am who are?

Well do you remember me, well I used to hang out with you and Choji.

What a drag . I remember, you are Naruto aren't you? One day you suddenly were gone from the village.

Naruto nods.

Hey well if I tell you my secret will you share with your village?

Telling them will be too much of a drag and besides we were friends I can respect that.

Thank you.

Naruto comes and sit beside Shikamaru.

You know that day when I left I wanted to say both you and Choji goodbye and I was really coming but you see one of my friend got kidnapped and I went to save her but in doing that I was already out of the village. Thats why I am sorry.

Forget it, it doesn't matter now. Although when you were Leaf villager I saw everybody avoiding you but my father told me that I should not break my friendship with you just because others were doing and well its alright if you are happy outside our village then so be it. I won't tell a soul not even Hokage or Choji since Choji is cool with everything.

Thanks Shikamaru, its true I no longer like Konoha anymore and well if you ever need me in the future contact the land of whirlpools. You could even come with Choji there. I just wanted to apologise for leaving suddenly. I will apologise to Hokage and Choji sometime later. Goodbye.

With that Naruto walks away.

Well its good to meet an old friend. In the land of whirlpools, huh what a drag.

A/n: Well this meeting was important for something I planned in the future as Nara is the smartest clan.