The Hospital pt. 2

My eyes immediately land on my mate. I open my mouth to say something, but only I can get out is a breath of air. Something hard collides into my chest. I look down, messy hazelnut hair laying on my chest, arms around my waist. Without thinking, my hand moves and runs through the small little waves.

Sniffles echo in the rather quiet room. My hands just continue to brush through his hair, hoping to calm him down some. Soon, something wets falls into the blue hospital shirt.

"Shh," I whisper out; placing my chin on top of his head. His grip tightens at my waist. Small cries slip by. He's trying to hold it back. My thoughts point out for me.

I glance around the room at the people. Reo looking at the two of us by the machine. Meanwhile, in the doorframe, Itsuki and Natsu is standing with a little girl. Blonde hair and golden eyes. She's seems scared out of her mind. Then I ask the only thing I can manage.

"Can you give us two a few minutes?" As the words flow smoothly from my lips, Itsuki, Natsu and the girl leave the doorway

"Can you give us two a few minutes?" As the words flow smoothly from my lips, Itsuki, Natsu and the girl leave the doorway. My eyes glance up at my nurse. She slowly nods her head for a moment.

"If either of you need anything, let me know," the female ghoul says. My head nods at that. And with that, she leaves the room; closing the door behind herself. When the door clicks and footsteps become faint, the loud cries and sobs break through the room.

His head turns to the side; his ear pressing against the middle of my chest. Nishiki's fluffy hair is soft to the touch. My mate's cries getting louder as my shirt becomes more stained with tears. Then something comes to my mind.

"Hear my heartbeat?" I quietly question. My hands moving to brush away the streams on his face while the other rubs his back. He nods his head for a moment. "Then just focus on that," I whisper. His hands grip onto my shirt, holding on.

This goes on for who knows how long. Once the tears finally stop flowing like a waterfall and the cries and sobs turn to sniffles, I kiss the top of his head. "Shh, it's okay. I'm here now," I whisper into his ear. I feel him relax some under my hands. My hand gently runs through his hair, lightly twirling the short strands around my fingers. Eventually, Nishiki ends up falling asleep.

He looks so peaceful. At least he's okay right now. He's catching up on his missed sleep. Carefully, I move the blanket from between us before moving and wrapping it around Nishiki, stopping at his shoulders. My nose brushes across the top of his head. "I'll never leave you, not ever again," the words whisper pass my lips.

Suddenly there's a light knock at the door. My nose raises towards the air before catching a scent. "Come in," I quietly say, not wanting to wake my mate up. The door opens, standing on the other side of the threshold is green eyes and raven black. "We have a lot to talk about," I comment, keeping my voice down.

She nods her head slightly, moving over towards the empty chair by the bed. The same one that Nishiki was just sleeping in last night. Avani take her seat. Her head lowered, glancing into her lap. Reminds me of something that I do myself.