Take Care of Each Other

"Alright, that's it," I finish, telling them my plan. I lean against the table for a moment. There's only one more thing that I need to do before the plan gets set in full motion. I glance down at the floor. No one told me that it would be this hard. A shaky breath escapes pass my lips.

"Will you guys be alright for a few minutes?" I ask to no one in particular. I feel eyes on me towards my left, from Natsu's direction.

"Of course we will be fine. Why do you ask?" Natsu questions. I shake my head slightly for a moment. Should I tell him everything or just make it vague?

"There's just one last little bit of business that I need to handle before we enact on the plan," I comment, having decided on the lateral. Natsu nods his head slightly at that.

"Well you should go. We'll take a break and we'll meet back up," Moriko says. I glance over at her, a little surprised. "It's about the kids, right?" She adds. I huff out. My head slowly nods in response.

"Then go to them," Nori comments. My eyes widen at that for a moment. Slowly I nod my head in response before getting up leaving the meeting room. I walk towards the kids shared bedroom.

What am I even going to tell them? I can't have them worrying about what's going on when it's not their problem... But I can't just leave without giving them some kind of warning.

A small sigh escapes my lips. My hand reaches up, gently knocking on the door. Some rustling sounds just beyond the door before it opens and arms wrap around m leg. My eyes immediately glance down, seeing Kazumi's brunet hair.

"Mom!" He yells, the excitement and joy still in his tone. The corners of my lips slowly pulls up. My hand ruffles his hair some, gaining a laugh from my youngest son.

"Hey sweetie," I say. "Can I come in?' I ask him. He nods his head immediately at that. His hands grab mine before pulling me into the room with him, Kou, and the twins. Suddenly, their heads snap up towards where I'm standing with Kazumi.

"Dad?"

"Uncle Kiyoshi?"

"Oshi?" The other three kids say at the same time. My hand moves, giving them a small wave in return.​​ "What are you doing here?" Masaru adds, the confusion evident in his eyes.

"Well, I just came to check up on you. Make sure that you're all okay," I answer, smiling at all four of my kids. Don't let them figure out what's really about to happen. My thoughts echo in my head.

Kou tilts his head to the side for a moment. A unreadable expression forming on his face. Shit! He's gonna find out. Immediately, I push those thoughts from my mind. Meanwhile, the twins seemed a little aloof to the future. As for Kazumi, he's completely oblivious.

I watch the twins trying to read. Ironically, it's a book with the name Sen Takatsuki for the author. As for Kazumi, he seems to be drawing in an abstract like manner. Though, I can miss the feeling of eyes on me. The only person's eyes that it can be is Kou's.

"Oshi, what's this word mean?" Masaru's voice catches me off guard. I go over toward shim before kneel, catching a better glance at the word. A small smile breaks out onto my face.

"It means new and old," I comment for a moment. Masaru smiles widely at that as he nods his head slightly. His head leans against my chest, pulling the book closer towards him. His eyes scan over the pages. My eyes glance up, looking at the other three kids.

Akimitsu reading something rather entirely different that his twin. Kazumi's drawing has many shades of multiple colors. As for Kou, I'm not really sure what's he doing. It seem as though he's in his own thoughts, but I can verify that myself. Why can't things be so much simpler than they are now?