Nightmare From Hell

A heavy burning scent catches my attention as I start to race up a hill. Something's not right. My eyes remaining focused on what's ahead. Small embers floating down.

My eyes widen before a hand reaches over and grabs my shoulders. Suddenly, I yanked over and flipped, landing on the flat ground, back first. It knocks the breath out of me.

My eyes glance up looking and meeting blue eyes. "Well look what the wind brought in for us," Kato comments. Gasping sounds until I can manage to catch my breath. When I do, I watch him move over towards a clearing. Standing there with him is Avani. A small heart-warming smile places itself upon her face, if it didn't become so nauseating to my gut.
​​​​
My eyes fixating onto the only male with blue hair here. Avani just shakes her head slightly at me. Though her jaw starts to set, the eyes show something entirely different: sorrow, and aim at me.

My jaw suddenly feels extremely heavy. Why am I already getting so defensive? I question myself. Though, the voice never replies back. My eyes already turning the golden and black colors. Suddenly a heavy red shade illuminates and makes the earth shine. My eyes glance up seeing the moon in red. Blood moon.

My eyes immediately glances up, looking at the man that was suppose to be a parent. Parent my ass. A heavy snarl escapes pass my lips. The gold glowing and the black only darkening. "Y'know, you should've done your research before you decided to go after me," Kato comments, completely composed.

"Fuck off you jackass," I growl up, watching him. He chuckles slightly at that.

"Only if that was so simple. You see, I've already gotten to the people you love most, well most of them," he comments. My eyes furrow at that, the confusion setting in.

Suddenly, he throws a bag towards the ground. Red seeping through at the bottom, a metallic scent overpowering any and every other scent. My heart beat starts rapidly increasing. My breathing becoming heavier as my eyes glance up at him. "You son of a bitch," the words leave my lips before I start snarling at him.

A pounding starts in my head. Never easing, only becoming worse, and in a drastic measure. Suddenly it's like everything turns red. Nothing but blood splattering everywhere, soaking into the ground.

When all my senses come back, there's blood pooling at my feet. Blood staining in patches on every article of my clothes. Even the metallic settles in my mouth. After a minute, my tongue brushes against my teeth, tasting the blood. A sickening smirk starts forming upon my lips. My eyes only gaining a higher contrast between the glowing and the dulling.

Piling around my feet is nearly everyone I've ever cared. Reo. Natsu. Hide. Itsuki. Touka. Kaneki. Everyone that works at Himari's. The ones from Anteiku and :re. My nephew, Hajime. My kids: Masaru, Akimitsu, Kou, and even Kazumi. There are even faces that I vaguely remember. Avani. Maro. Mom. The vampire and ghoul from that night.

"All that blood looks good on you. It really brings out your eyes y'know," Kato comments. His eyes shining the same colors as mine, though his isn't as much of a contrast as mine is.

"Now, there's just one more thing for you to do, then we can leave," he adds. My head slowly tilts to the side, a questioning look starts slowly forming. It's quickly replaced with a sinister smirk. Kato even has a smirk forming upon his face.

Slowly he moves so that you can see what's behind him...well more like who. Nishiki. His wrist are tied behind his back by the binding of rope. This should be interesting.

My hand slowly reaches up towards my face. My head leaning in, licking at the massive amount of blood staining my skin. Nishiki's eyes immediately look away.