Ken!

After I left my brother's room, I race towards my bedroom. Everything still processing with me. I close my head, leaning my head back against the door. Immediately, I rush, trying to find something to stop my nose from bleeding again. I go to the adjoin bathroom, immediately I start to wipe the blood away, hoping that I can clean all evidence before Nishiki can get back.

A sigh of relief washes over me as I lean back onto the bed. Everything done just like I had hoped. Though, something still feels off. I'm not comfortable. After trying this for a few minutes, I groan out in frustration. My hands move to run through my head. Immediately, I get up rushing to try and get comfortable.

Soon, I finish making it more bearable. My nose brushes into the pillow at my head. The rest of the few pillows we have being just enough to make a pillow pile. Though something still isn't letting me settle down. I get up again, heading towards the closet. My eyes scan around, looking for something. Immediately, my hands pull out one of Nishiki's hoodies. As soon as it was off the hanger, I pull it over my head, letting the coffee scent take over.

Just then the door opens wide. My attention snaps to see who it was that just barged into my room. The tension and anxiety leaves as soon as I realize it's none other that my mate.

He's panting hard though, like he's out of breath. I go over towards him, my hands going to either side of his face, hoping that he'll catch his breath sooner. Nishiki keeps trying to talk, but only coming out in mumbled sounds.

"Breathe," I whispers to him. My nose brushes against his cheek, letting him calm some so that I can understand what he's saying. Suddenly, he starts taking deep breaths beside me. I smile widely continuing to brush my nose against his cheek before pulling away eventually. My eyes glance up looking at the ghoul.

"He's awake," Nishiki manages to say. My eyes widen at that.

"What?" The barely audible word slips pass my lips. Ken Kaneki....my brother....awake.....

"Come on," my mate comments taking my hand. I nod my head slightly at that, trying to let the information sink in. I had just visited him only may be and hour ago and he was still in a coma.

Nishiki closes the door behind us before we quickly rush towards my brother's room. I still can't get over it....he's awake......he's actually awake.

**********

"Amazing," Kimi whispers, "I can't believe you actually woke up." There is many of us standing around my brother's bed. Kimi, Hinami, Touka. A ghoul who I learned his name is Banjo. Two former investigators turned ghoul: Akira, and Amon, Yomo, Tsukiyama, Saiko, then Nishiki and I.

"Sorry, but tell me, why are you and Saiko here with Touka and the others?" Kaneki asks towards the human with a doctorate degree. Oh, that's right he's been unconscious and in a coma since the whole wedding and it's reception.

"We teamed up to fight the real threat," I answer my brother. It's really the only choice that we had to save the people we care about. I think to myself.

"It isn't just the two of them," Nishiki adds on. "As of this moment, at least, the ones at Himari's, Goat and the Doves are working together to defend Tokyo."

"The CCG working with ghouls?" Kaneki comments, the uncertain mixing with shock and surprise. "How'd that happen?"

"Nagachika brought them together in order to stop that monster and to save your life," Amon comments. He did. Though it was rather a big shock to find out that he was alive when he went radio silent for five years. "It was all him," the same former investigator adds.